need help for high performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should separate in your sig what PC hardware your already have and what future hardware you are looking forward to get ;) ..

you wrote 680i in your sig.. which is an Intel board...

Oh yea for a motherboard if you arent going SLI then get the Gigabyte p35-DS3L those are pretty popular here if you want to go sli i would get the EVGA 680i.

don't double post

can it be oc to 3ghz though

yes.. easily.. plus in Synthetic Benchmarks.. the q6600 beats the e6850 and its cheaper (which is why the e6850 is never recommended here...)

i wouldnt get a 680i mobo dude you will end up with a dead end there. trust me...clouds are gathering, i dont know how many companies produce 680i but EVGA is pretty much ****in everyone who gave them money for a high-end mobo in the last year or so. its a problem at hardware level supposedly...and a bios "fix" is not going to fix it lol.
go with the p35 or an x38....i'm just lettin ya know.

ya.. so far people have been getting issues getting 680i's to post with a Yorkfield....

Yeah, the recommendation would be to use a p35 or a newer, non-SLI board, say X38. You won't be able to SLI without making a few sacrifices. Since SLI gives only minimal performance boost and huge cost (2nd card and expensive Mobo), a single, good GPU is usually perferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom