Need help with GPU cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm... are you actually looking for a GPU FAN? or an aftermarket GPU cooling solution in general? im not sure i quite understand what you mean... i thought the 8800GTS always came with a cooling fan... or are you just looking to bring your temps down a little more? huh... well, ill throw some ideas out there anyways...

i know ive heard good things about this heatsink from Arctic Cooling:
ARCTIC COOLING ACCELS1 Rev 2 VGA Cooler
and if you put a 120mm fan on top of THAT, itll cool it even MORE...

or you could try one of these with the fan built in:
XIGMATEK VD964 VGA Cooler
but i havent heard anything about that one cept from reading the reviews on newegg...

worse comes to worse, consider investing in a small starter watercooling loop mebbe... would be specially nice for overclocking that BE CPU... just a thought... hope i helped a little :) - RK

EDIT: went back and found that thread where i heard about the AC Accelero... here it is, if youre curious:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/little-review-arctic-cooling-accelero-s1-rev2-173388/

accelero s1 is amazing. i have it slapped on my 3850 and it runs incredibly cool granted i've got a scythe s-flex 120mm fan on it.

accelero s1 is amazing. i have it slapped on my 3850 and it runs incredibly cool granted i've got a scythe s-flex 120mm fan on it.
there you go... more positive reviews...

only thing, i just noticed tho is... its pretty big... so make sure you have room for it in your case/setup...
and since without a fan, its passive cooling, make sure your case has pretty good airflow or that you put a fan on it and direct it toward a vent or something mebbe... else the heat will just transfer into that radiator-style grid of fins and just stay there, i would think... a fan to cool em would be a real good idea... just some ideas :) - RK

it isn't that large. its definitly smaller then the 8800gts itself. it is just a bit wide, so make sure you have at least 2-1/2 inches between the edge of your card and the side panel. the cooler pops about 2 inches off the edge of my card.

grr. vb messed up on me and i double posted by accident... sorry :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom