Need help getting motherboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKQJoker10

Beta member
hi guys! new here, just needed a little bit of help deciding on a new motherboard, i plan to get an i7 950 intel cpu and i need a crossfire ready motherboard

my specs are these as far as i know:

intel(R) core 2 quad cpu 2.33 GHz
6 gb of ram
gtx 470 ASUS gpu
750 W power supply
x-fi sound blaster creative sound card
large case
not sure how many fans i have, i think 1? besides the one build onto my gpu

i can try to find out anything else if you need it.

i would be extremely greatful to get a response!!! thank you very much in advance, i'll be watching this thread.

as for the price range anywhere from 1-400 should be fine

It comes down to what you REALLY want to spend and what features you need. You get what you pay for. ASUS, Gibabyte, MSI, and EVGA all make great boards. I've been running my ASUS board for about three years with no problems, and just put Gigabyte boards in two other machines I built. I have owned MSI in the past with no issues, and EVGA has always made good hardware. You already said CrossFire is a necessity so here are a few boards:

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $209.99
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $289.99
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

MSI Big Bang-XPower LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $294.99
Newegg.com - MSI Big Bang-XPower LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-KR LGA 1366 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $264.99
Newegg.com - EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-KR LGA 1366 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

ASUS . . . there are just too many to list.

Obviously you can spend more or less with any brand you choose but there are just a few examples that support your i7 950, that are SLI/CrossFire ready, DDR3 compatible, with USB 3.0 and 6GB/s SATA support. The more expensive you get the more functionality you will have in terms of overclocking support.

hey black thank you VERY much for responding!!! i will look all of those up!

i like the sound of asus, that's what my graphics card is, and that stuff you described on the bottom, which motherboard would that be?

thanks to you too john i kind of overlooked your comment, but i like the look of that first one black posted, another website reccomends also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom