Need Help finding Gaming keyboard......

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunzidiot

Baseband Member
(solved im going to save up for the Razer Lycosa)
Hi, ive been looking for a gaming keyboard that meats my needs, and wondered if people could help out.

the features i am looking for are:

1) must have back lit or LED keys ( preferably in blue )
2) must have a "laptop" style, what i mean by this is i need a keyboard were the keys are near the board as possible, some people call this style 'slim keyboards' (i hope people get what i mean as this is very important)
3) im on a budget so am looking to spend £20-£30 if possible, maybe a little more like £40 if i like the sound of the board.
4) preferably from a uk retailer or a site that shows £ and $ like amazon etc... ( this dose not relay matter that much but its just a preference)

to give you an idea i have been looking at this board - Keysonic KSK-6001UELX Compact Gaming Keyboard with Blue Backlight: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

i need the Razer Lycosa its perfect , but to much money - Razer Lycosa UK Gaming Keyboard - USB | Ebuyer.com

i have also been looking at this board but again is a bit to expensive for me :cry: - Everglide reveals new slim gaming keyboard - SlipperyBrick.com

Newegg.com - I-ROCKS KR-6820E-BK Black 104 Key USB Wired Backlit Gaming Keyboard (Orange LED)
Newegg.com - i-Rocks KR-6820E-WH White 104 Key USB Wired Backlit Gaming Keyboard (Blue LED)

I looked around a bit on some uk sites i know but couldn't find anything. That seems to be the keyboard that fits what you want and is in your price range, if you can find it on a uk site.

Other than that, what you found is gonna be what you find. there aren't a lot of options for keyboards with the options you want in general, let alone in your price range.

you're gonna have to make a compromise at some point whether it be price or features. Or you could just save up an extra 20 and get the lycosa, which is what I would do because the keyboard will last you for a while and in the long run you'll be happier with the keyboard you want rather than always thinking about the fact that you didn't get some feature you wanted. If you'd rather get something right now then the keysonic is the keyboard for you. Also keep in mind that there is a very limited selection of keyboards with all the features you want.

Let me tell you a bit about my personal experiences of the Razer Lycosa.

I read an article, if I find it I'll post the link here, that a series of the lycosa keyboards shipped came with problems. That was heavy reflected with mines, the media player would pop up every 2 secs, the media keys wern't responsive, and the lights went off a lot of the times.

It's a great keyboard, but it sucks if it comes with problems.

According to google, 40 euros is about 50$ USD, I know this is a bit out of your budget and your preference, but I am telling you I have this keyboard and I don't see any other keyboard that can perfect, (Other than the model ahead of it). It is the G510. IT has 18 Macroable keys. LED Backlit, where you can change the color, a nice LCD screen that shows you some basic but helpful information, volume rocker, great media keys. Overall great keyboard.

It is a bit on the expensive side being $120 USD.

Here's the link to it: Gaming Keyboard G510

But I really can't stress it enough, this keyboard is absolutely amazing.

even though that keyboard is cool its not the laptop style im looking for nor is it close to my budget. besides the Razer Lycosa has a 1 year warranty and if there are any faults ill just sent it back. simple. unless you can find me a keyboard with those features of the Lycosa for a cheaper price (witch i would love you for) then i am still going for the Lycosa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom