Need help determining PSU voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindnation

Beta member
I'm having a difficult time determining voltage for my new machine. It's been a long time since I built my last computer and technology has substantially changed since then.

Computer specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz, , 1 HDD, HD 4870 gpu, and an m3a79-t mobo

this system will also have one dvd rom and two dvd-burners (two of these drives are going to be salvaged from my old computer), a floppy drive, and cpu and vga fans/heatsinks. The case that I'm purchasing is the thermaltake armor full tower. It includes two 90mm fans, two 120mm LED fans, and one 250mm fan.

I'm just having a difficult time calculating everything to determine voltage needs. I know that's not the only thing to look at when determining a psu, but that's what I'm looking at now. Thanks in advance.

a corsair 650TX or 750TX would be just fine. the 750TX is only a few dollars more after MIR from newegg, so i'd go with that one. it will leave you headroom if you want to crossfire your video cards in the future.

PC Power and Cooling makes excellent PSUs definitely on par with corsair in every aspect. i dont know about the zalman. the corsair 750tx and the PCP&C are spec wise almost identical. so really it should come down to price between those two.

corasair and pc power and cooling are both very good brands.

no sure about zalman, haven't heard anything about them but since it cost more then the other 2 and i can almost guarantee you that its not as good as psu as the other 2 i wouldn't get it.

Okay, thanks much. I was thinking the same about the PCP&C. I saw this one:

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S75CF 750W EPS12V SLI NVIDIA SLI Certified (Dual 8800 GTX and below) CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

which is almost 20 dollars cheaper, but the specs are almost identical, save for the color. In your opinion, do you see anything particular that stands out that would make it different than the first PCP&C i posted?

EDIT: oh, i see it..one has a 24 pin connector and the other is a 20+4...but that doesn't make a difference...does it?

there the same thing, pcp&c just made that one read to go with ati. other then the color the the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom