Need help deciding on parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeLiX

Baseband Member
All your links go to the same page...

Build your own, man. Go with AMD. 3800 and 4000 are sweet, but you can go lower and OC the wizz out of them.

DDR2 ain't any greater than DDR right now... not enough that the human eye can tell.

Go with a DFI Lanparty mobo (SLI if you have the cash for two graphics cards and want to power), a nVidia 7800 (or two), a giant PSU, a gig of RAM, a couple of SATA hard drives, a Zalman CNPS9500 heatsink/fan, maybe a good sound card, DVD burner, DVD drive, kickin' LCD (19"!)... you'll be set. And you can do it yourself cheaper than you can order it.

You may want to holler at Harper. He's in your neck of the woods. Here's a link to his profile:
http://techist.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=9334

Build your own, man. Go with AMD. 3800 and 4000 are sweet, but you can go lower and OC the wizz out of them.

yea, mate but which one?

AMD 64 4000 ?
AMD 64 3800 x2 ?

Theyre not to far apart in price, so i dont care in terms of money but in performance

Zanjo said:
Well 4000 is better obviously.

It not obvious at all.

Acturally it completly dependent on what he planning on using the computer for. Personally I would much rather have the athlon x2 3800+.

Zanjo said:
Well 4000 is better obviously.

.......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..........

.....umm.. wow, why would you say that the 4000 is better? Because the other one is 3800? That dont matter. The 4000 is single core as the 3800 is dual. Having dualcores is like having two people moving a pile of rocks 20 feet away. Two people would get it done alot faster than one person would. Understand?

Static_11 said:
.......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..........

.....umm.. wow, why would you say that the 4000 is better? Because the other one is 3800? That dont matter. The 4000 is single core as the 3800 is dual. Having dualcores is like having two people moving a pile of rocks 20 feet away. Two people would get it done alot faster than one person would. Understand?
I thought he ment a 4000 Dual Core:eek: . Then again I suppose they only have 3800+ and 4200+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom