Need help computer parts are in

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntstopthecrooks

In Runtime
after just a day and a half my centurtion ,gigabyte motherboard, e6750,barracuda hardrive, corsair power supply,8800 gts are here.. does anyone have a good building guid.. keep in mind i have never done this before and am complete newb to computer.

hey gabb i didnt get theremal paste with my artic cooler 7 because i heard it already came with some should i get some still??? i forgot to order my cd drive so i have to do another order anyways. Also ive been searching around and this static thing really has me tripped out any main tips to prevent it.. i will be building computer on wood table in living room ..floor is tile

Not a problem.

Apply a rice grain sized dot, of thermal paste, on the center of the processor. Then seat the heatsink on top, using the weight of the heatsink, to spread out the thermal paste. Twist the heatsink, to the left and right a little bit, to squeeze out any air bubbles, left in the thermal paste, to increase contact, between the processor and heatsink.

Not a problem.

Apply a rice grain sized dot, of thermal paste, on the center of the processor. Then seat the heatsink on top, using the weight of the heatsink, to spread out the thermal paste. Twist the heatsink, to the left and right a little bit, to squeeze out any air bubbles, left in the thermal paste, to increase contact, between the processor and heatsink.

also go to artic silver 5s website for their instructions, they recommend a different process where instead of a single rice grained size dot, they put a vertical line for dual core processors and a horizontal line for quad core processors.

If you're using the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7...you don't need thermal paste. It has a heatpad. You can use paste if you want though, but it's not necessary with that heatsink/fan.

hey gabb i didnt get theremal paste with my artic cooler 7 because i heard it already came with some should i get some still??? i forgot to order my cd drive so i have to do another order anyways. Also ive been searching around and this static thing really has me tripped out any main tips to prevent it.. i will be building computer on wood table in living room ..floor is tile

Like carnageX said, you don't need thermal paste, as you're using the AF7 Pro, which comes with a better thermal pad.

Don't worry....about the static wrist strap. All you need to do, is touch any metal part of the case's chassis, and you're grounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom