need help complete my PC - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via ICQ to ZeeLex Send a message via MSN to ZeeLex Send a message via Yahoo to ZeeLex
Default need help complete my PC

Hello guys . I just got all my parts and installed the to the case. This is my first time building a PC and I have no idea that what wire goes where.
Can someone help me to complete the installation via any messenger please

I`ve got the following parts:
Case- Newegg.com - NZXT Apollo BLACK NP Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
MOBO - Newegg.com - ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

PS - Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 620W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

Here is other parts: ZeeLex`s PC

Thanks for your help

Old 05-03-2007, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re: need help complete my PC

what wires? any pics? we might be able to help without using messenger.......

Old 05-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus

Read this guide to building your computer:
Build a System: Page 1
It's has very clear pictures, and a very clear explanation on how to connect what to where.

3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

Old 05-04-2007, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via ICQ to ZeeLex Send a message via MSN to ZeeLex Send a message via Yahoo to ZeeLex

got a question connecting video card and power supply.

Here is the 2 examples;
witch one is right

Here is an example #2
Old 05-04-2007, 01:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

The first one. You only need to use the second one if you're using SLI with two cards that require two power connectors each since the power supply only comes with two power connectors (in which case you have to use molex connectors as shown)
Old 05-04-2007, 10:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfluffles View Post
The first one. You only need to use the second one if you're using SLI with two cards that require two power connectors each since the power supply only comes with two power connectors (in which case you have to use molex connectors as shown)
You are saying that I need just one PCIe power connector here from Power supply directly to Video Card and no need to use the connector witch comes with Video Card ( at the second example shown with yellow, brown and black wires) . Is that right?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus

Yes, thats right. The ones that come with the video card, is if your power supply doesn't have a PCIe connector. In your case, your power supply does, so the first example is the one to go with.

3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

Old 05-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gapl View Post
Yes, thats right. The ones that come with the video card, is if your power supply doesn't have a PCIe connector. In your case, your power supply does, so the first example is the one to go with.
Thank you
but I just connected everything and turned on the monitor first then PC . But nothing seems to be working. MOBO just beeping and I waited more then 30 seconds , nothing. Can someone help me please.
I can put my webcam and someone see everything done right or no
Thank you for your help

Closed Thread