Console Gamer
ok heres my specs right now

Case - Kingwin Sk523
CPU - E6600
Mobo - Gigabyte DS3
Memory - G skill ddr2667 2X1gb
PSU - Antec True power 550watt
Harddrive - SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series 250GB

my budget is 815 and i dont need a video card (i wont be getting one for a while)

i was wondering if i should drop the hared drive and just use my current 100gb ide drive and upgrade the mobo (dont worry later i will definatly upgrade the hard drive to sata).
the gigabyte is about 150 and if i drop the hard drive i will be able to spend $220 on a mobo

what should i do? and if you could recomend me a good mobo i will be ordering sometime this week

that is a pretty decent mobo from what i have heard. is there no way that you can upgrade to ddr800? that would be a much better memory to run as it will oc much better for you. about the hdd, just get what you need, if you like to download a ton of crap(like me) then you get two 320 gb 7200.10 seagates and set them in raid 0 lolz.

MSI has a mobo that supports conroe, it's only $96, runs o nthe same P965 chipset so it'll be able to run what you need, and you save $50.

The DS3 has been getting GREAT OC results. Peopel are taking conroes over 3.0Ghz in that (google Conroe DS3 or something).

I would recommend it if you can get past the look of it. Im waiting for the DS4 to come out.

I just got the ASUS P5B today in the mail.

If you're going for overclocking go with the Gigabyte DS3
I've seen other forums where people are getting 3.4ghz out of an E6300 retail.

If you go to a major overclocking site, you can read about E6600's being taken to over 5.0Ghz. That's right, five Ghz. Super-pi scores of under 10 seconds.

Dang, that's just insane.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom