Having used budget computers all my life, I've been wanting to build a custom, relatively high end computer for myself within a set budget. I need this machine for my school as I am taking a 3D modeling class, and my laptop does not run the required programs properly. Perhaps more importantly I want all of the parts to be up-to-date, standard and with NO proprietary parts that are incompatible with everything else.
My budget is $2,000, preferably keeping it around $1,500 or lower but $2,000 is the max. I am a total newbie with no skill in building computers whatsoever, so after finding all of these parts on Newegg or some similar site, could you also recommend a good PC builder site for me to use?
Here are the parts I want suggestions/recommendations for:
- 2TB hard drive
- BD-ROM drive with CD-R and DVD-R support
- Enough RAM to play high-end games (not sure the exact gig amount)
- A processor fast enough to play high-end games and apps without freezing
- A high-end graphics card with support for modern games
- A high-end sound card which supports soundfonts
- Whatever motherboard is required to do all this
- The proper power supply
- A good PC case
- Any other components I'm missing?
- An HD monitor (doesn't have to be super-huge) with very good picture quality
- High-quality speakers with subwoofer
- Please recommend a good quality keyboard and mouse