Need Help With Choice About Processer

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry569

Solid State Member
Hi there

I am going to buy a new processer for my pc, which I use mosty frequently for gaming.

However I'm not sure what the best processer for A: my system and B: Gaming.

My Budget is max £400 but I don't really want to spend all that if you know what I mean (maybe mroe like £200/250).

Here are me pc specs

Amd Athlon 64 3500 + (2.2ghz)

Nvidia Geforce 7800GT 256MB

2048 DDR2 Ram (No Idea What Brand)

250 GB Hard Drive

(Not exactly sure what motherboard it is but heres the info on it)

Name : Base Board
Manufacturer :
Product Name : NF-CK804
Version :
SerialNumber : WXXI5XX01XX9

If you think I would be better upgrading something else then please tell me.

Thanks in advance,

Harry

It will make games run a bit faster, your graphics card is doing all the word but you have a nice one so upgrading your CPU would be better.

But you need to make sure your motherboard is socket 939, run CPU-Z to find out.

Well it says my cpu is socket 939 so i figure that means my mother board is too. ?

The General said:
It will make games run a bit faster, your graphics card is doing all the word but you have a nice one so upgrading your CPU would be better.

But you need to make sure your motherboard is socket 939, run CPU-Z to find out.

ya it is your graphics card doing all the work . But your overall performance in multi-tasking, and alt+tabbing between things will work much better as well

Well let me explain why I want an upgrade.

I use g-mod (gary's mod) quite a lot and i love spawning lots of zombies and having a huge fight, but when I do my fps goes quite low, Ive got 2 gb ram so that shudnt be it and gfx card shud be fine so I belive its the cpu (which i think is my weakest pc point). So if i was to get say an Amd Athlon 64 X2 4800 +. would that increase my fps performance in g-mod because it could handle more "bots/props/zombies" at the same time than an single amd athlon 64 3500 + ?

ya, it should handle that much better, cuz i would think its doing more physics calculations.. and source seems to run nice on dual core, i got a bit of fps gain from jumping to 3800x2 when playing huge cs:s servers, so yes, you should noctice a difference.. thats a far bigger difference than what i shoulda noticed.. or if you oc i would even recommend a 4400 x2 and just oc it .2 ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom