Need Help Buying A Balanced Budget PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliaze

Solid State Member
Heya
Im looking to buy a new pc late this year, i currently have about $500AU and expect by the end of this year to have around $900AU-$1100AU possibly more to put towards pc parts. im hoping to get dual core, and a graphics card that matches the performance of it so neither is letting the other down.
im currently running:

intel pentium 4 2.8Ghz
ASUS p4XP-X
1GB corsair pc3200 twin-X dual channel
Powercolour 9800pro 128mb
60GB HD 7200rpm
creative 16x dvd rom

I much intend to keep my Corsair ram and possibly get another gig of it, so i would appreciate any suggestions to a good balanced combo of parts.

Nick.

Well, if your buying over time... I'd say start w/ a new board and proc. Get a s939 board and an opty 165 or x2 3800. Then I'd say, if your willing, get one of the G6150 mobo's with the onboard GFX.. they'll cost you about $90 and you have enough money to have a working comp atm. Then you can get a good GFX card when you have the money (you'll also be able to wait a little while till DX10 cards come out. then upgrade the rest of the parts (starting w/ a new HD or ram is what I'd suggest) when you get the money.

The upside is you'll have a working DC computer right off the bat.
You'll also be ready for a pcie GFX card when you get the money, instead of buying an outdated mobo w/ agp and being forced to buy a new mobo when you have the $$$ for the GFX card.

Downside is you'll be taking a step back graphics wise for a while. Tho the onboard G6100 performs about 2 times better than my Radeon 9200. It gets 20-40fps in Source games (On high, w/ full HDR) while running in 12x7. I'd imagine the G6150 would do a bit better.

It's really what you're willing to do and how long you want to wait for a working comp.

I don't know any AU sites, so I can't find product suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom