Need Help building a Gaming Pc

Auspah

Beta member
Hey all, I am about to build my first PC and I have no idea where to start/what I need to get to get the computer to perform how I like.
I have about a £1000 budget and I want a computer which will perform most games on the top settings and such.
Hopefully someone can give me some help, it would be much appreciated!

Microsoft x-box for all kind of gaming is a good place. I take it you want to take this computer to a higher level. The one you're probably thinking about is an x-box that uses an autocad program that runs on video and webcam functions. They'll detect all your motions outside of the x-box. Or you'll just go with the keyboard or joysticks for gaming. This is an engineering problem and a software degree in engineering. It looks like a big project to tackle. More advanced than the scope of this forum, probably.

... What in the world are you talking about?

... What in the world are you talking about?

It sounds like he is suggesting an Xbox and talking between the base Xbox and Xbox with kinect? I don't know where the whole 'engineering' portion came up from haha.

This is mind boggling o_O

As somebody who prefers Windows 7 over 8, I'm currently using 8.1 without issue. If it's the Metro interface that's your issue, Start8 and Startisback are two great alternatives, and Classic Shell is a free alternative to those.
Just make sure that if you get 7 it's the 64bit Pro version.

Optical drive = DVD or BD. You'll either need one of those or make an install flash drive for Windows. All that means is making a Windows install flash drive instead of using the disc. It's easy to do, and much quicker than the disc.

If you buy a DVD drive, any cheap SATA one will do.

As somebody who prefers Windows 7 over 8, I'm currently using 8.1 without issue. If it's the Metro interface that's your issue, Start8 and Startisback are two great alternatives, and Classic Shell is a free alternative to those.

Optical drive = DVD or BD. You'll either need one of those or make an install flash drive for Windows. All that means is making a Windows install flash drive instead of using the disc. It's easy to do, and much quicker than the disc.

I really hate the all App stuff on windows 8, which puts me off it

Sounds good to me, I'll look into one right now haha.
As for the OS, I just don't like the feel of the whole App thing, it's horrible, I have it on my laptop atm.
Would this be the right OS http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/need-help-building-gaming-pc-268514/index2.html#post2064239

I was wondering If you had any links for Amazon or any other sites, I can't seem to sign up for this site

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom