Need Help building a Gaming Pc - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Need Help building a Gaming Pc

Hey all, I am about to build my first PC and I have no idea where to start/what I need to get to get the computer to perform how I like.
I have about a 1000 budget and I want a computer which will perform most games on the top settings and such.
Hopefully someone can give me some help, it would be much appreciated!

Auspah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: Need Help building a Gaming Pc

Do you prefer Amazon, Scan, or Ebuyer?

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Private Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDSPhon View Post
Microsoft x-box for all kind of gaming is a good place. I take it you want to take this computer to a higher level. The one you're probably thinking about is an x-box that uses an autocad program that runs on video and webcam functions. They'll detect all your motions outside of the x-box. Or you'll just go with the keyboard or joysticks for gaming. This is an engineering problem and a software degree in engineering. It looks like a big project to tackle. More advanced than the scope of this forum, probably.
... What in the world are you talking about?

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Student & Lover of Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
... What in the world are you talking about?
It sounds like he is suggesting an Xbox and talking between the base Xbox and Xbox with kinect? I don't know where the whole 'engineering' portion came up from haha.

This is mind boggling o.O
XGC Forsakend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Build Guru

I sometimes feel that user is spam.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Do you prefer Amazon, Scan, or Ebuyer?
Either one tbh, I have no preference
Old 10-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Build Guru

CPU:
Intel CPU i5-4670K 3.4GHz Socket 1150 Quad Core Haswell Retail with Heat Sink Fan - BX80646I54670K - Scan.co.uk

Motherboard:
ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 Intel Z87 Socket 1150 Motherboard - Scan.co.uk

RAM:
Corsair Memory Vengeance Low Profile Jet Black 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 CAS 11 Dual Channel Desktop - CML8GX3M2B1600C11 - Scan.co.uk

GPU:
XFX Radeon R9 280X Boost AMD Graphics Card - 3GB - R9-280X-TDFD - Scan.co.uk

PSU:
Seasonic Bronze S12II-520 520W Power Supply (PSU) 80+ Bronze - Scan.co.uk

Case:
Corsair Carbide Series 200R Compact ATX Case- Black - LAUNCH PROMOTION - CC-9011025-WW/BULK - Scan.co.uk

SSD+HDD:
Corsair 120GB Neutron Series GTX SSD - Solid State Drive - CSSD-N120GBGTXB-BK - Scan.co.uk
Seagate 1TB SATA 3 Performance Hard Drive OEM ST1000DM003 - ST1000DM003 - Scan.co.uk

Windows 8.1 64Bit Operating System DVD English International - WN7-00614 - Scan.co.uk

Throw in a cheap optical if you need one, otherwise I'd make an ISO of the disc and make a USB install drive. Much quicker if it's USB3.
As for your criteria, practically ALL games on highest settings @ 1080p.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
CPU:
Intel CPU i5-4670K 3.4GHz Socket 1150 Quad Core Haswell Retail with Heat Sink Fan - BX80646I54670K - Scan.co.uk

Motherboard:

RAM:
Corsair Memory Vengeance Low Profile Jet Black 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 CAS 11 Dual Channel Desktop - CML8GX3M2B1600C11 - Scan.co.uk

GPU:

PSU:

Case:
Corsair Carbide Series 200R Compact ATX Case- Black - LAUNCH PROMOTION - CC-9011025-WW/BULK - Scan.co.uk

SSD+HDD:
Corsair 120GB Neutron Series GTX SSD - Solid State Drive - CSSD-N120GBGTXB-BK - Scan.co.uk
Seagate 1TB SATA 3 Performance Hard Drive OEM ST1000DM003 - ST1000DM003 - Scan.co.uk

Windows 8.1 64Bit Operating System DVD English International - WN7-00614 - Scan.co.uk

Throw in a cheap optical if you need one, otherwise I'd make an ISO of the disc and make a USB install drive. Much quicker if it's USB3.

thanks for the help, seems great, think i'm gonna switch out Windows 8 to 7 as I dislike 8.
As for the last bit, without sounding like a total noob, what do you mean by that ?
Old 10-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Build Guru

As somebody who prefers Windows 7 over 8, I'm currently using 8.1 without issue. If it's the Metro interface that's your issue, Start8 and Startisback are two great alternatives, and Classic Shell is a free alternative to those.
Just make sure that if you get 7 it's the 64bit Pro version.

Optical drive = DVD or BD. You'll either need one of those or make an install flash drive for Windows. All that means is making a Windows install flash drive instead of using the disc. It's easy to do, and much quicker than the disc.

If you buy a DVD drive, any cheap SATA one will do.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
As somebody who prefers Windows 7 over 8, I'm currently using 8.1 without issue. If it's the Metro interface that's your issue, Start8 and Startisback are two great alternatives, and Classic Shell is a free alternative to those.

Optical drive = DVD or BD. You'll either need one of those or make an install flash drive for Windows. All that means is making a Windows install flash drive instead of using the disc. It's easy to do, and much quicker than the disc.

I really hate the all App stuff on windows 8, which puts me off it

Quote:

Sounds good to me, I'll look into one right now haha.
As for the OS, I just don't like the feel of the whole App thing, it's horrible, I have it on my laptop atm.
Would this be the right OS Need Help building a Gaming Pc

Quote:
CPU:

Motherboard:

RAM:

GPU:

PSU:

Case:

SSD+HDD:

I was wondering If you had any links for Amazon or any other sites, I can't seem to sign up for this site