Need Help Building a Budget Gamming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancyjohn

Beta member
Hi...

This is my first Post here and i really appreciate your help. Lemme get straight to the point.

--------------------------------------------------

WHAT I NEED>>
* Processor
* Motherboard
* Graphics Card
* RAM

The other stuff (HDD,DVD ROM,Floppy dirve etc etc) I'll be pulling em of my Current PC.

WHAT I NEED IT FOR>>
As i said GAMING. Not looking for High End (again thats Obvious).

BUDGET>>
$770

THE PROBLEM>>
I cant buy stuff from websites like newegg , eBay . I stay outside the US, India in fact. Pricing here is different. Prices here are + $25 extra from ur prices (in genral). So pls add $25 to every component u suggest.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ok. so this is what i have come up so far...

Processor --- AMD Athlon 3000+

Graphics Card --- Nvidia GeForce 6800GS

* Which MotherBoard do I get ? (is ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 good enough ?? )

* How much RAM mem do I get ?

* Whats all the fuss abt PSU..??

----------------------------------------------------

Thanx for ur help....

---------------------------------------------------

if i were you i would get:

Athlon 64 3700+
ASUS A8N5X
EVGA 6800GS
Corsair TWINX2048-3200 2gb (3-3-3-8)

going by newegg prices that would be right around $740 not including any shipping

Can you download CPU-Z from www.cpuid.com and tell us what the speed of your RAM is, and the amount of pins if it is old.

The PSU supplies all the components with the juice for them to work, and cheaper PSU's do not supply enough amps on the 12v for it to work to its potential. Chepaer PSU's also die early, and when they do, they go with a bang, and you do not want to have to replace all the components affected in your PC.

Asrock is the low end of ASUS. And with Asus, I would go with A8N-SLI and above.

I would get a X2 in that budget, as games are already starting to support multi cores (Quake 4.)

You will need to format the HDD when you put it in your new system, so remember to back up everything.

Do you know of any sites that are in India?

my suggestions are for here and now and getting the parts within your range taking since most games are single-threaded. trifid's suggestion about a dual core is good - you should hold off for a bit to gather a little more money

games and apps will start being programmed to utilize dual-cores and the price of the x2 3800+ isnt too bad especially considering its' performance. however you dont have a need for SLI but it doesnt cost too much more for one considering something like A8N-SLI deluxe is only like $50-60 more and oc's well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom