Need Help to build new PC for $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
another question do i have to buy a OS seperately? and are optical drivers and burners two different things??

another question do i have to buy a OS seperately? and are optical drivers and burners two different things??

1. If you already have a copy of Vista or XP.. Negative... If you have the key, but not the CD, you can obtain a copy, and use the same key, and its still legal
2. They are the same thing, except a DVD Burner is just one type of Optical Drive

Yea my current computer has windows xp with the disc and all so i am assuming that i can run the same disc on the new pc to upload the os and install xp on it through that way?

Yea my current computer has windows xp with the disc and all so i am assuming that i can run the same disc on the new pc to upload the os and install xp on it through that way?

yes.. unless its OEM and you've already used it twice already.. then you call Microsoft and force one out of them...

Ok guys im sorry to say this but i never did get a chance of getting this computer last year and now i wanted to get it again, but since its been like 2 months already im assuming that there have been new developments for the parts and i wanted to get a NEW UPdated list of items that i would need to buy. Ofcouse the budged must be $800 - $999. And im trying to have it as a mid gamer PC...so help me out again please....

So far this is what i have picked....

Power Supply:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

OR This bundle with the 2 GB RAM, if this RAM is anygood, unless u can find me a cheaper and better one =]
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

CASE:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UB Black /Blue Aluminum Bezel , SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

HARDDRIVE: Cant decide wich one??? But all i need is 80GB, nothing more.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

So now i basically need help with finding a good MOBO, PROCESSOR, and VIDEO CARD...and anything else that i forgot, plus any other good recommendations than the ones i chose so far...

well the 8800Gt has significantly dropped in price so more good news for you. If possible get a q6600 and take it past 3.0ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom