Need Help Asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayKann101

In Runtime
Here is my cheap cheap build i got it all from b1gapls hardware post. Tell me what ya think im trying to keep it under $350. It will be used for gaming i know the card isnt that great but its gonna hold me over until i can afford something better. Also will this pc smoke the on in my signature?

Case: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Elite 330 RC-330-KKN1-GP Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Motherboard: Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TF7025-M2 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Gfx Card: Newegg.com - XFX PVT84JUDD3 GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Ram: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Processor: Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane 2.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

Cd/dvd Drive: Newegg.com - LG Black 16X DVD-ROM 52X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model GDR-H30NK - OEM

I have a fortron 400watt psu already and a sata 120 wd hdd. Thanks for your replys

It's a good build and it won't "smoke" the old one unless you have a more powerful card. See if you can't find a used 7900GS or X1950PRo from someone....you should be able to find one for around $100 now and you will be getting some great frames with that and everything overclocked.

Would that amd beat my pentium D? The 8600gt is just a temporary card i plan on getting like a 8800gt or something.

that amd would beat down the pentium D quite easily...actually you may even consider looking into an e2140 which can be overclocked to similar performance of the AMD (actually probably better) except you get to use a board such as a P35 that can support the most powerful Core 2 Duo's if you ever want to upgrade. AM2 is becoming and will become pretty outdated while LGA 775 will not.

that amd would beat down the pentium D quite easily...actually you may even consider looking into an e2140 which can be overclocked to similar performance of the AMD (actually probably better) except you get to use a board such as a P35 that can support the most powerful Core 2 Duo's if you ever want to upgrade. AM2 is becoming and will become pretty outdated while LGA 775 will not.
Well see i was really trying to keep the cost down to about 350 bucks. I doubt i will be ocing either i may but may not.

I kinda revised my build a little bit instead of a sorry 8600gt im going to go with the 8600gts for a little more umph. Now dont get me wrong i know these cards arent the greatest but i do play on a 15 inch crt monitor and its highest res is only 1024X768. I have a question though which card should i get:

Fanless:
Newegg.com - ECS N8600GTS-256MX HS GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Or with Fan:
Newegg.com - ECS N8600GTS-256MX+ GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Actually, am2 is good for a while, since new am2 chips are still coming out, just depends which am2 board.

It's a good build and it won't "smoke" the old one unless you have a more powerful card. See if you can't find a used 7900GS or X1950PRo from someone....you should be able to find one for around $100 now and you will be getting some great frames with that and everything overclocked.

AM2+, AM2, and AM3 are all backwards compatible

Here is my cheap cheap build i got it all from b1gapls hardware post. Tell me what ya think im trying to keep it under $350. It will be used for gaming i know the card isnt that great but its gonna hold me over until i can afford something better. Also will this pc smoke the on in my signature?

Case: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Elite 330 RC-330-KKN1-GP Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Motherboard: Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TF7025-M2 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Gfx Card: Newegg.com - XFX PVT84JUDD3 GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Ram: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Processor: Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane 2.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

Cd/dvd Drive: Newegg.com - LG Black 16X DVD-ROM 52X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model GDR-H30NK - OEM

I have a fortron 400watt psu already and a sata 120 wd hdd. Thanks for your replys

good build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom