Need help/advice on new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrA

Beta member
Hello all!
Hope someone here has some advice to give me. :) I've asked around a few studio forums and haven't received any answers.

I'm planning on building a new computer, multimedia, that will double as a live use system (on stage) and a home studio rig. I was thinking about the following components:

-SKB 3-Space Standard Rack Case
-Antec 19" 4U rackmount case
-Asus P5LD2 Mobo
-Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
-1GB Corsair XMS2-5400 x4
-System drive 250GB WD2500KS
-Storage 500GB WD5000KS
-Maybe second 500GB WD5000KS
-256MB Asus EN6600 Silencer (Maybe go with my old GeForce 4)
-M-Audio Audiophile 2496 x2
-Multitrack soundcard (??)

I'm getting an Alesis HD24XR soon that I'll use for live recording. So I'll be using this computer with Steinberg Cubase to work with live recordings. I have one Audiophile already and am pleased with it's quality/price.

What I'd like to know is:
1.) In order to do some decent multitrack recording at home without going through the HD24 what should card should I get for this system?

2.) I want to be able to use this, if possible, with a Hart Dynamic drum set/TD-8 module and a midi keyboard controller at the same time. So what I was thinking of doing is using 2 monitors and 2 mice to control 2 programs at once (both fairly demanding). So, a stand alone version of The Grand 2 for instance and Halion player hosting drum samples for the TD-8. What I need to know is if this is even viable using the 2 Audiophile cards(2 ASIO drivers)? Under no circumstance can I have any pops/clicks/lag.. etc.

Sorry for this turning out to be a novel. If this isn't the right forum, maybe someone can point me int the right direction.

Thanks a bunch.
mrA

You really want to go with an external processing device before you start using mulitple PCI cards. Take a look at MOTU's stuff. Some very nice stuff there. I will get back to you on this as I am pretty busy at the moment. For now, look at what MOTU has to offer (traveler, 802, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom