NEED HELP/ADVICE on building a rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3ster

Baseband Member
alright so lightyears ago, my poppa bear bought me an emachines p4 desktop for my bday... it was alright and did it's job... for gaming however, it was ****.... it only has a pci slot... PCI!!! not even agp, nor pci-e.... they don't even sell video cards for pci slots anymore... well the time has come for me to move on to better things in life and i'm planning to build a rig for the very first time

here's what i want to put in it.....

mobo:
Asus P6T-Deluxe Motherboard - LGA 1366, Intel X58, SATA, SAS, SLI Ready, CrossFireX Ready, Triple Channel DDR3 support, RAID, Hyperthreading support

processor:
Intel Core i7 920 Processor BX80601920 - 2.66GHz, 8MB L3 Cache, 4.8GT/s QPI, HyperThreading, Quad-Core, Bloomfield, LGA 1366

memory:
Corsair Dominator Tri Channel 6GB PC12800 DDR3 RAM - 1600MHz, 6144MB (3 x 2048MB), DHX

psu:
Ultra X3 ULT40064 1000-Watt Power Supply - ATX

video card:
(2x)HD4870's or (2x)GTX 280

any thoughts?? advice?? it would be most appreciated... thank you

is the case a full tower? if not then you wont be fitting a x58mobo in there.

some say the psu is overkill, i say it leaves room for upgrade.

and 2 gtx280's will out perform 2 4870's

yeah man, full tower... i'm thinking of getting this bad boy
HTML:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4197076&CatId=1510

for the psu, what should be a good wattage then?? any model you recommend??

well there's always a corsair 750tx. but some poeple would say that much wattage is not needed for a single video card. if you got the money for the 1kw psu then go for it. it will last for quite a while. and i'm not sure of ultra's quality. never owned one

hahaha i try, i try..... **** currency difference.... things like that makes me wish i live in the states.... especially with your black friday coming up!!! ughhh i hate you.... haha

what do you think about my prospect rig though? any thoughts?

i think there is some gskill ram out there that's better for the same price. all though there's nothing wrong with the corsair. have a 2gb set for my self. they are pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom