Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
the HD 4830 is only for PCIe x16 2.0, there is none for the regular x16 or am not find it...

Its backwards compatible ;) it will work in any pci-express slot including pci-e x1 it just will be downclocked to compensate with the lack of bus lanes. It will work full speed in any pci-e x16 slot though 2.0 is next gen and hasn't been fully utilised yet.

from these cards what would be the best choice... : )

and just to make sure, it will work with my mobo, i know you said its backwards compatible, but wow, i didnt know that

Your link didnt work but what ever is cheapest, basically the chipsets are all the same just with a different sticker on the cooler. Just get the cheapest one or the one that offers the best extras e.g. free game, warranty, step-up program

Any 4830 will work,

Keep in mind that none of the cards on Newegg are single slot coolers (meaning your going to lose the use of 1 PCI slot if its to close to your PCI-E slot)

Either way the 4830 is more than capable of playing any current game at high details with 1024x768, or medium-high at 1280x1024 (subject to debate, most of these guys should agree with me)

Its the exact card i plan to get 2 of for crossfire.

Oh by the way, Devil Dogs could never do it without us Airmen=)

Did you do basic at paris island?

Great place, i almost got demoted there for not respecting a Marine Corps Colonel LOL....

it wasnt funny at the time.....
.... he was a **** anyway......

Well if your running it through a tv then this one as it has hdmi but no dual dvi.
Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR AX4830 512MD3-H Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

If you like rainbow six then this one
Newegg.com - MSI R4830-T2D512 OC Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

If your putting it into a multimon pc then this one
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100265L Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

It really DOESN'T matter which you choose as all of them use the same graphics chip so have the same potential gpu power. Just choose the cheapest with the outputs you want.

Oh by the way, Devil Dogs could never do it without us Airmen=)

Did you do basic at paris island?

Great place, i almost got demoted there for not respecting a Marine Corps Colonel LOL....

it wasnt funny at the time.....
.... he was a **** anyway......

lol, am 0311, you can say am a hollywood marine hehe, in a special billet atm in kingsbay, ga

Any 4830 will work,

Keep in mind that none of the cards on Newegg are single slot coolers (meaning your going to lose the use of 1 PCI slot if its to close to your PCI-E slot)

Either way the 4830 is more than capable of playing any current game at high details with 1024x768, or medium-high at 1280x1024 (subject to debate, most of these guys should agree with me)

Its the exact card i plan to get 2 of for crossfire.

well the thing is i have a really big monitor, its a Dell 24'' wide screen LCD flat panel, and the games i play on are like 1920x1200 and even my desktop is set to that size, but once i put it to like 1024x768 or 1280x1024, it just dont look right...: / some of my setting are set to max when i play the game, only thing that is on low is the view distance and shadow quality, once i put it like one 1+ i start to lag with video card, but with that i get like 40+ on fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom