Need a good CRT monitor for Gaming.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
as i mentioned in the other thread crts still function better in the coloration and true blackness department...nowadays the pixelation doesnt matter and refreshrate is so high that you dont get ghosting and its hard to tell the difference. doesnt matter how new technology is analog will allways give better range scentifically then digital. if you are lucky to find one theSONY G520 21 inch Trinitron Monitor is the best out there.....only problem is the thing weighs about 500 lbs and will bow your desk if its not strong enough lol.

sadisticmidget said:
From what I'm reading it seems that this is mostly personal preferance...

absolutely...same as anyhting, thats like asking whats better amd or intel. everything has plusses and minuses..you just have to go for what you like. I went for an lcd and i was tryingt o decide between a crt and lcd a few years ago...i went withthe lcd and have been prefectly happy with it. just make sure you are getting a good brand that backs its product..last thing you want are dead pixels and not being able to get a new one.

because crt's are analog its not a solid output of 0 or 1, its a range...same way with audio amplifiers...analog ones give the best crisp sound because it can hit every note possiblly in existance...but they are huge clunky and extreemly expensive.

as technology gets better the margin for error becomes less and less so to the human eye its not that noticeable of a difference. however the true blacka nd color range will allways be better with a crt....depending on how much better is how good of a product the lcd is.

all in all look into what your gonna buy and make sure its something your gonna want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom