Need a good CRT monitor for Gaming.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why everyone says you cant look at a lcd from a angel. I can look at mine from like a 45 degree angle and still see everything just fine. It ony dims "slighty".

I have no idea why everyone says you cant look at a lcd from a angel.

Some LCDs have wider viewing angles than others. Basically, the cheaper (quality-wise) the monitor, the more narrow the angle.

You can look at mine from a wide angle side-to-side, but vertically it doesn't have much play.

sadisticmidget said:
LCD look like crap in my opinion...plus if you are anywhere but directly in front of the screen the picture gets blurry. Are there any reasons to get a LCD when It costs more for less quality? Or am I just a monitor noob?

Either its been a few years since you've seen an LCD or you are looking at really crappy ones. Go to any retail store and just take a peek at their high end models and then tell me they look like crap. You can get them cheaper on newegg too. CRT no longer wins the price war.

Whirlwind said:
When gaming......man, some games can be cranked up all the way.....others run better at different resolutions....lower resolutions mean more frames per second.

Granted, with my new pc i wont have to worry about that for awhile. But if you cant change resolutions you will be upgrading sooner than the person who can.

I thought you were talking about switching resolutions while on the desktop or w/e, not playing games. You can still switch resolutions on an LCD with very little quality loss. LCD > CRT

I have a 19" lcd, I believe it has a 135* viewing angle... not sure though...

so the whole viewing angle thing has never been a problem for me,

as for non native resolutions, my monitor is still very clear and usable, and that makes only a very slight difference in games, (I tend to play at native anyway) and I have never had any "ghosting" either...

now that I think of it, I have forced 1600x1200... but it looks kind of odd... still readable though...

I have to use crt monitors in school, in fact mine is a 21 inch, but crt's actually have a smaller screen than what it says, so it would be comparable to a 19, aside from that, I hate havening to stare at it all day, makes my eyes bleed

lcd ftw

I am very happy with mine:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824224008
definitely worth the price

reckliss said:
CRT's use to be better but now that has changed like all technology.

You still see a few people on forums going on about how CRTs are better for the same old reasons, i.e. price, ghosting, viewing angle, even color. These people though are speaking of yesterday's LCD, not today's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom