Need a good CRT monitor for Gaming.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadisticmidget

Baseband Member
Hey guys. I am looking for a good CRT monitor to use with my games. I am currently running a Gateway 2000 monitor with a max res of 1024 x 768 :[. So you can see why I need a new one. I was hoping for a 19-22" flat screen CRT. But to tell you the truth i know almost nothing about what makes a good monitor. My price range is 200$. Please give me a hand.

LCD look like crap in my opinion...plus if you are anywhere but directly in front of the screen the picture gets blurry. Are there any reasons to get a LCD when It costs more for less quality? Or am I just a monitor noob?

i used to think my 20 inch crt was the **** but now that i got this 19 in wide screen lcd i know i was wrong.

sadisticmidget said:
LCD look like crap in my opinion...plus if you are anywhere but directly in front of the screen the picture gets blurry. Are there any reasons to get a LCD when It costs more for less quality? Or am I just a monitor noob?

Well the fact that CRTs weigh about as much as you (if you truly are a midget), take up way too much space, and are practically small room heaters, I guess not. I've never sat in front of a CRT monitor for a few hours and NOT had my eyes hurt, while LCDs are much easier on my eyes (obviously just my personal experience, some will disagree probably). People always bring up the fact about the viewing angles, but my question is why would you ever need to look at a monitor that's not right in front of you?

Dell 21" Trinitron CRT

It don't get no better......will support 1600X1200

I change resolutions ALL the time....no problems what so ever, and crystal clear :D

When gaming......man, some games can be cranked up all the way.....others run better at different resolutions....lower resolutions mean more frames per second.

Granted, with my new pc i wont have to worry about that for awhile. But if you cant change resolutions you will be upgrading sooner than the person who can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom