- $154.99 - This case looks like a keeper, lots of space, and 4 fans for good cooling for when i overclock my system.
- $249.99 - a couple of you guys suggested this Motherboard. I still dont understand what makes it very good. it only have 2 pci slots idk if that is enough but i dont think i would use that for anything but a soundcard right? 3 pci x16 slots which is nice if i ever want to sli and get a physics card. I also heard this motherboard was good at overclocking.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
- $309.99 - The E6600 seems to be the cheapest best chip i can get as the 6700 is like 100-200 more dollars i think. Plus this chip is good at overclocking too.
Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2 800
- $267.00 ($227 after $40 rebate) - Some guys told me to get this memory. Seems like a good deal if the 40 mail in rebate stays there till Jan. Other then that it seems a little expensive for being 5-5-5-5-12 timing and cas 5. Is Corsair really good memory or something? I had G.Skill memory with 4-4-4-4-12 timings or something with cas 4 for only $230. maybe G.skill sucks or something?
- $629.99 - I love this card. Looks too good to give up. It's a directx10 card and should be a very good card for a long time. Some people said i should get the 8800gts for about $200 or so less. Sounds good but I cant seem to find a site where they compare the two cards so I could see the loss I would be taking in.
2x Western Digital 250GB
- $149.98 - 2x of these for Raid 0. Only question I have here is if you guys think i should maybe just get a 74GB Raptor at 10k RPM and maybe get another one later on for Raid 0? Or do you think it wouldnt make much of a difference and just stick to two of these?
Samsung DVD Burner
- $32.99 - Pretty cheap and has Lightscribe which seems cool, I dont know if Ill ever Burn anything on a CD but something to keep handy I guess.
- $42.99 - Heard it is the Best cooling device for the price which is good for me because like i said i plan on overclocking my computer.
Artic Silver 5
- $5.99 - Thermal gel for the cpu for extra cooling.
- ??? - I still dont know what PSU to get some people suggested some 700w but I read some article on the forums that a 700w is over doing it. So I still need some more suggestions here.
1) 22" 5ms Widescreen Chimei
- $338.99 - This is one monitor i picked out because it looks like it got good reviews, looks like a good monitor and cheaper then the SCEPTRE.
2) 22" 5ms Widescreen SCEPTRE
- $359.99(339.99 with $20 rebate) - People suggested this monitor looks good, more expensive until the mail in rebate comes in.
3) 22" 5ms Widescreen BENQ
- $339.99 - Just another 22" montior that looks good.
4) 19" 5ms Widescreen ViewSonic
- $189.99(169.99 with $20 rebate) - I still dont know if a 22" montior will be very good or not. I still play cs 1.6 so idk how that would work but i also plan on playing all the newer games too so maybe a 22" montior will be good but this is half the price so idk. What do you guys think?
5) 20.1" 5ms Widescreen SCEPTRE
- $249.99 - This is a 20.1 ince montior with the same rez as the 22", looks like it has some good specs and looks pretty good.
I really need help with this monitor issue. I dont know why 22" is really good and stuff. All and All Im buying all the parts in Jan when i file my taxes. But im getting the list together now so im all prepared. Getting a montior seems like its hard. I read about this backlight stuff and dead pixels. Im reading about ghosting and not high enough Refresh Rate.
So anyways how does the list look? I need help getting a PSU and if its a 700w could someone let me know why? I also need help picking out a monitor.
Thanks for reading this!