need to find similar MOBO asap help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i had my crippled aopen mobo for a year now because i cant send it out for warranty since it takes so much time for theyr azz to repair it i need to find a similar mobo that is cheap and would work with rest of my cmponents

Product MPN
MPN i915pa-e

Key Features
Form Factor ATX
Compatibility PC
Chipset Intel 915P
Compatible Processors Intel Pentium 4
Front Side Bus Speed 800 MHz

Technical Features
Integrated Input/Output Ports Floppy Port x 1, PS/2 Keyboard x 1, PS/2 Mouse x 1, Parallel Port (ECP/EPP/SPP) x 1, RJ45 Lan Port x 1, Serial Port x 2, USB 2.0 x 4
Expansion Slots PCI Express x1 x 2, PCI Express x16 x 1, PCI x 3
Storage Controller Type(s) DMA/ATA-100 (Ultra) x 1, Serial ATA x 4
South Bridge Chip Intel ICH6

Processor
Socket Type Socket LGA775
Max supported CPUs qty 1

Memory
Memory Type DDR SDRAM
Number of Memory Slots 4 x DIMMs
Supported RAM speeds 400 MHz
Max Supported RAM 4 GB

Audio / Video
Audio Output 7.1 Channels, Line Out
Audio Input 1 x Line In, Microphone Jack
Video Interface PCI Express x16

Communication
Networking Type Gigabit Ethernet

Other Features
Other Features Chassis intrusion detection, Dual Channel Memory Architecture, Hyper Thread Technology Ready
Chassis Type Desktop
Package Qty 1

Dimensions
Width 30.5 cm
Depth 24.4 cm

Miscellaneous
Bios Features DMI
Power Configurations Suspend to Disk (Hibernate), Suspend to RAM, Wakeup from Keyboard/Mouse
Bios Type 4 Mbit Flash EEPROM with AwardBIOS

You may have a big problem being a need to perform a lengthy search. One board found with the 915P chipset also sees a $122 price tag at BOXD915PBLLX Server Supply Technology - Warehouse of Servers, Server Components, Peripherals and Datastorage Devices This board runs DDR2 not DDR400 memory.

On the other hand newegg still sees one Jetway board that runs DDR400 memory seen for only $36 at Newegg.com - JetWay PT88BSPRO-EC LGA 775 VIA PT880 PRO ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Unfortunately those are both low end losers at the links there. You may want to or just simply have to go for a newer board that will still run the P4 model you have but requires the 240pin DDR2 memory. Perhaps changing vendors might also help with any returns?

ye man i kinda faqued up when i built this system it was the DDR tossup, ddr2 was still in early stages of development and was a lil slow in my opinion and lots more expensive so i got the pretty much last of the dynasaur boards before they went byebye and no support for it either
im stuck with a gig of ocz sticks which are not bad at alland the specs were perfect for me

u think i can turn it around and upgrade just the memory and board?
i recently upgraded my psu and about to toss my IDE harddrive.
the worst part i spent like a month researching and getin info on the components so they work good together and sadly my 478 2.4ghz seems faster than this:(

i mean i would have to get 800mhz memory right?
im so outdated already its only been a year since i got up to speed.

if worst comes to worst your gonna have to get the board or upgrade the ram like you said, but imo opinion its not worth spending money on especially a $122 board. but if you really need this computer then i suppose youll have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom