Need a few parts for a HTPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

straightv6

Not A Super Techie
Assuming this is a pure or mostly HTPC then the suggested build parts are useless and overkill. Get a Brisbane 3600 or some sort of X2 with a arctic 64 pro and 1 gig of DDR667 Ram. If you have a TV tuner or download a lot of movies, hard drive space is where your going to want to put some money. I recommend 2 or 3 320GB or 400GB hard drives.

I would agree with Jumping Beans. I was just throwing something out there.

ok if its an htpc, (assuming its an MC i think thats what it is) wouldn't an 8500gt or some low end 8 series be suitable

ok if its an htpc, (assuming its an MC i think thats what it is) wouldn't an 8500gt or some low end 8 series be suitable

He already has a video card as stated and its a very good proven card used in many HTPCs. The only reason to switch would be if he was using HD compliant media such as Blu-Ray or HD DVD which are not supported by 7 series cards.

Sure you won't be playing any games on your home theater? If you are going to use this PC everyday for other tasks besides home theater, you probably can invest in more to help with the applications you would be using (not like I know what resource intensive applications you use).

Err oops. DSL3 supports DDR2 800 and S3L supports only DDR2 1066. 1066 RAM is like 40$ more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom