Need E-midwives to give birth to my first rig (I'm finally building it today!!) - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Default Re: Need E-midwives to give birth to my first rig (I'm finally building it today!!)

Mount the RAM, CPU and Cooler on the Board, then throw it in your Case

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 01-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to NightSurge
Default Re: Need E-midwives to give birth to my first rig (I'm finally building it today!!)

This whole time, I thought vernong1992's name was, well, Vernong, not Vernon. It must be Vernon G.?

OT: As they said, CPU/Cooler and ram first. Then put the power supply and hard drives/optical drives in the case, then mount the mobo. Lastly add the video card and connect all other cables/fans.

That's the order I usually go in. Depends on the case, though. Sometimes the hard drives or dvd drives may get in your way, so you may have to do those after the mobo is in there, but usually it is easier and there is plenty of room to do the hdd and odd's first.

If I was helpful, please click the icon on the left hand side of this message that looks like a check mark Thanks!

Old 01-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to wafflehammer

why does everyone go on about the push pins? i just "pushed" mine in 1 by one and they went in snuggly and perfectly lol

anyway..this is how i did it:

put CPU, CPU heatsink into mother board, mount motherboard into case...then put video card, other cards, and RAM in

ohhhh yea...probably wanna put PSU in and wire it around a bit before you put the motherboard in

Core i7 920 @ 3.0Ghz
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5
6gb G.Skill 1600mhz/9-9-9-24
Corsair 750XT
EVGA GTX 260---216core
WD 640gb
14590 3dmarks @ stock
Old 01-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeVel View Post
This whole time, I thought vernong1992's name was, well, Vernong, not Vernon. It must be Vernon G.?

OT: As they said, CPU/Cooler and ram first. Then put the power supply in the case, then mount the mobo. Lastly add the video card and connect all other cables/fans.
Yes that's it
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 01-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to Ethan_Kaizer Send a message via MSN to Ethan_Kaizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflehammer View Post
why does everyone go on about the push pins? i just "pushed" mine in 1 by one and they went in snuggly and perfectly lol

anyway..this is how i did it:

put CPU, CPU heatsink into mother board, mount motherboard into case...then put video card, other cards, and RAM in

ohhhh yea...probably wanna put PSU in and wire it around a bit before you put the motherboard in
The push pins made me nearly bend my motherboard... They're frustrating. Yes, mount it all (except graphics card) first.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

otherwise you might end up with some pretty gnarly knuckles... metal cutting the skin and suchs.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Closed Thread