Need Cpu,mobo,gpu,ram- $900 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuong

Baseband Member
Deciding to upgrade my whole computer. I already have, Moniter,OS,Keyb,Mouse,Speakers,disc drives, hard drives, psu, and tower.
Do i need a sound card? i will be hooking my computer up to my home theatre. with a 51"HDTV and 5 speakers. am i able to connect my computer sound to the surround sound set up i have?

I have a $900 budget and need CPU,MOBO,GPU,AND RAM. what do you guys suggest is a good build. Been searching and thinking about getting the 8800gt 512mb. which is $237.99.

EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800GT 600MHZ 512MB 1.8GHZ DDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDTV Out Video Card - DirectCanada

that is the site i will be buying from again. they are cheaper then ncix.

P35 or X38 board, 8800 GT or 8800 GTS g92, E8400 or Q6600, Crucial,Geil,Transcend for ram. You can hook it up to your surround sound. You'll just need an 1/8th - RCA adapter. Or if you get a sound card it'll have some more connections to choose from.

Edit: I didn't check whats available from that site.
I like these cause they run 1200 @ 2.2, handpicked Microns
Transcend Axeram 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-1200+ CL5 240PIN DIMM Memory Kit - DirectCanada

does the asus p5k have sli? im think im planning on getting 2 8800 GT in the near future.

if you are going to go for a dual GPU solution then I suggest going with an Asus P5E board (x38 chipset) and 2 3870s in crossfire.

because 2 3870's are better than 2 8800gt 512mb
then you can get an x38 board which pwns
i agree on the q6600 and reaper mem

what is your reason for wanting dual gpu?
the 512mb GTS is an amazing card

i've thought about dual GPU because i dont want to spend too much. this way I can buy one GT and if later im not satisfied with it, ill pop in another. And people saying 2 GT better then an Ultra.

is the galaxy the same as the evga and xfx???
it seems like a cheap ripoff version.
directcanada has the galaxy 8800 gts for 247.99

i've thought about dual GPU because i dont want to spend too much. this way I can buy one GT and if later im not satisfied with it, ill pop in another. And people saying 2 GT better then an Ultra.

Later if you're not satisfied with it, sell it and use that money + the money you would have used on a second one + the money saved by not getting an expensive SLI board to buy a newer, significantly better graphics card.

ok i think ill go with the evga 8800 gt and if not satisfied I believe theres a 3month step up program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom