Need Component Check/Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustBecause

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, I'm planning on placing my order monday and this is what I have decided on so far...

CPU: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

MoBo: Newegg.com - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Boot Drive: Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTXE60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Ram: Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL

I already have a Case/PSU/CD Drive/Monitor and I'm waiting for Newegg to drop the price of Windows 7 Pro back down to $120 before I buy that. And obviously I'm missing a GPU but my limit right now is $600 and I need this computer running this coming week so I'll have to wait on that.

I'm pretty certain everything there is compatible, just wanted to make sure and get some opinions.

This comp is going to be used 99% of the time for gaming, but I'm not looking for the best of the best. And keep in mind sometime before the end of january I'll be adding a second storage drive for games, another 4gb of ram, a video card, and a cpu cooler.
Thank you!

all of that is compatible and will do what you want.

when you are ready to get a GPU make sure you come back and we will tell you which one will be best for you.

good luck

Great, thanks for the assistance.

Yeah I'm definitely going to need help with the GPU, as I have not kept up with them at all. I was looking into either the GTX 460 or the Radeon 6870. The problem is I'm looking to get the quietest components possible, and generally most recent GPU's and quiet don't usually go together.

And another question, is there a particular brand/series of HDD's that are quieter than the rest? I was looking at the WD Caviar Blue's but I wasn't sure if they would be any quieter than the Black's, which if I'm not mistaken are faster than Blue and Green.

To get a quiet GPU go with an aftermarket cooler. Less noise and better cooling.

Well I just placed my order, thanks for the help everyone.

I was looking into aftermarket GPU coolers but I wanted to get everything together first to make sure I have room. This is going into a fairly small mid-tower case and I need to fit a wireless adapter and hopefully my audio card too. Unfortunately the size of the case is making it extremely difficult to find an aftermarket cpu cooler as well, guess I'll just have to wait and take some measurements before I worry about those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom