Need Building advice

dreecer

Beta member
hey guys im trying to decide on an amd build and have been getting mixed reviews. I know there are some intel fanboys out there and i dont want my build being flamed by you. I cant afford a proper intel build so the amd route is definite

Just purchased the fx 6100 for 79.99 couldnt pass it up so I now have about 550-600 usd to finish the build. Will be used for gaming I want to run Guild wars 2 and wow on high settings.

cpu amd fx 6100 zambezi 3.3
mobo gigabyte GA970ud3
psu corsair 650w (sufficient??)
gpu: powercolor Radeon 7850 2GB (or gigabyte 7850 2gb??)
mem: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
hdd: west digital 500gb 7200rpm
opt: DVDRW -lite on or asus whatever's cheapest
case: rosewill challenger the one with 3 fans

Any advice would be greatly appreciated especially from u guys who know alot about the fx series cpus or the bulldozer platform for gaming.. this build will cost roughly 650-750 thats about my budget . Any suggestions for a more efficient build with that same budget would be fantastic as well. Thanks

Last edited:
Gigabyte has bad customer support, not recommended

650w should be OK
Radeon should be the better CPU
RAM's fine, you really only need 8GB though
HDD: What "color" HDD? Black? Blue? Green?
Optical's no big deal
Case: rosewill isn't the best company

What are you doing about the OS? And, you really should have gone Intel with such a large budget :p, Bulldozer's OK though.

yea its the caviar blue i was looking at ? I have a copy of windows 7 prof. but i could take the extra money from the memory and get a black or a better case. I can return the 6100 if i could seriously get a nice intel build on my budget.. any suggestions?

Choosing AMD is difficult when whoever you ask tells you intel are alot better. i know.
I have an FX 4100 (only a 4100) plus a Radeon 7770 the combination runs everything i want on high settings and i have about 20 games. ( although 'Can You Run it' tells me that i'll only manage medium settings with the frostbyte engine.)
so you should be all fine and life will be peachy!

Choosing AMD is difficult when whoever you ask tells you intel are alot better. i know.
I have an FX 4100 (only a 4100) plus a Radeon 7770 the combination runs everything i want on high settings and i have about 20 games. ( although 'Can You Run it' tells me that i'll only manage medium settings with the frostbyte engine.)
so you should be all fine and life will be peachy!
Well if you haven't notices, I told him to keep it and gave him suggestions to upgrade other pieces due to the price he paid. Some people will yell Intel or die, but I'm not that way. It all depends on the circumstances at hand.

Back
Top Bottom