Need to build a new PC, please help (Details inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Hello,

I need to build a new PC for my Dad ASAP (his took a crap).

I have a 8800GTS, E6400 Chip and a 550W Power Supply from my old PC just collecting dust in my closet, so I will let him use these parts to save $$$.

So what I need to do is order a Motherboard, RAM & a Case. I need a Mobo that uses a 775 socket for the E6400.

His budget is $200. I think I should be able to get him a nice setup considering I already have alot of the parts.

Can you guys recommend me a Case, Motherboard & RAM for under $200? He doesn't use this PC for gaming, just office-type work. Also I am going to download the Windows 7 RC, so Id like to have 6GB+ of RAM if possible.

Thanks in advance!

you cant download the rc anymore, it stopped i think either the 20th or 22nd of august. also, if he was just gonna do office type stuff, he probably wouldnt have needed 6gigs of ram, 2-4 would be good.

are you also planningg on reusing an optical drive and hard drive?

Oh ya, I guess I need a Hard Drive too =) And yes I need a new Optical Drive. Regarding the RAM, I figure since it's so cheap right now I may as well get 6GB

well your budget is very limited, and although some ram is fairly cheap, i dont think you can fit that much with your budget.

i usually dont suggest many skt lga 775 mobos because im still learning about all their chipsets and whatnot, but ill give it a crack, so everyone feel free to critique my choice so i can learn :), although i feel they are solid choices considering the budget.

these parts total $205 + shipping

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - Rosewill R218-P-BK Black 0.5mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners

thats probably the most your gonna get with that budget, especially the ram, anymore was just not gonna fit. thats also not including an OS, so if you need one included in the budget, then you will surely need a bit more money.

well your budget is very limited, and although some ram is fairly cheap, i dont think you can fit that much with your budget.

i usually dont suggest many skt lga 775 mobos because im still learning about all their chipsets and whatnot, but ill give it a crack, so everyone feel free to critique my choice so i can learn :), although i feel they are solid choices considering the budget.

these parts total $205 + shipping

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - Rosewill R218-P-BK Black 0.5mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners

thats probably the most your gonna get with that budget, especially the ram, anymore was just not gonna fit. thats also not including an OS, so if you need one included in the budget, then you will surely need a bit more money.

Thank you for the response. How much more $$ would it cost if I wanted to go with 4GB of RAM or 6GB?

Thanks man

Only really need 4gb, I usually have photoshop/illustrator cs4, vuze/utorrent, itunes, some game (stf4, defense grid, burnout paradise) and multiple tabs in safari. Ram usually never tops %70 usage and my pc is still nice and speedy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom