Status
Not open for further replies.
i went to AMD.com and it said that it was 8% better than the 4000+
and thats a few up from yours so i'd say its significantly better
not sure tho

i went to AMD.com and it said that it was 8% better than the 4000+
and thats a few up from yours so i'd say its significantly better
not sure tho

hey that's useful info. can you send me a direct link? i can't navigate amd's site for ****

how do you reckon the x2 6000+ am2 rates against the fx-55?

The 6000+ is better, because the FX-55 is only a single core processor, while the 6000+ is dual. The 6000+ also has double the L2 cache of the FX-55.

I had an Fx-55 before my opteron. It was a beast for a single core. OC'd to 2.9 but I haven't looked back since my opty cause its a whole different animal for 95 bucks paired with my G.skills OC'd to 254mhz with low timings. I'm very happy with this setup up. I suggest an opty unless you can sell your shiet and use that extra money for AM2. I just ordered mine about a month ago and its @ 2.8 on stock vcore

The 6000+ is better, because the FX-55 is only a single core processor, while the 6000+ is dual. The 6000+ also has double the L2 cache of the FX-55.

thanks that gives me a good perspective. i'm so out of touch with cpu spec these days.

I had an Fx-55 before my opteron. It was a beast for a single core. OC'd to 2.9 but I haven't looked back since my opty cause its a whole different animal for 95 bucks paired with my G.skills OC'd to 254mhz with low timings. I'm very happy with this setup up. I suggest an opty unless you can sell your shiet and use that extra money for AM2. I just ordered mine about a month ago and its @ 2.8 on stock vcore

what is g.skills? i've never head of it :)
how's an am2 going to fair against an opty? i mean a 6000+ am2.
can i do better than a 6000+ am2?

you have an am2? i don't understand what you mean, how much/ in what way, have you OCed it?

thx

the answer

please help me again here:

ok i've gone away and read up on things for a long time now...
i am really torn between an opty 165 and an am2 x2 6000+ but i think i have the answer for my needs.
i plan to get the opty and OC it, keep my 2gb of ddr1 and my not-very-old 939 mobo, and get another 7600gs for sli.
today a used opty 165 went on ebay for £46 ($92) inc postage.
i'm going to concentrate on creating a cooling system.
in a couple of months after i've got some experience OCing and cooling i think i'll go for an am2 x2 6000+ and see how far i can OC that. i'll get a new graphics card or two, mobo and some hot ram.

is there any better i can do than an x2 6000+? i do have up to $2000 to spend, but i do want to be frugle. and i do want an amd not an intel.
is there an amd system i can build with ddr3 ram? is there a dual processor mobo (two seperate cpus)? basically what's the beefiest amd system i can make?!!

ah, my last question. this is such a newbie question but it's just something i've forgotten really. ...what sort of benefit will i get from a stick of ddr2 over ddr1? i know ddr2 will run quicker, but how's/ what's that going to help?

thanks

p.s. can anyone tell me why my ram is running at 167.9mhz when i think it should be at 200? perhaps i'm wrong.

cpu-z.jpg

well the 6000+ is not necessary.. plus its not worth it, u need new ram, board and everything, just get an opteron 165... and it owns if u overclock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom