Need a bang for my buck gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Ok so my wife made me sell my old computer. I'm now regretting selling it. I basically need a cheap gaming computer to hold me over till tax time where I can build a better system.

The only games I would like to play are:

League of legends
Minecraft
CS 1.6

That's it!

My budget is as cheap as you guys can get it. Mouse, keyboard and everything I can get else where.

Just the tower! Newegg works for me.

Thanks in advance!

How about looking for a used setup. That may not be so easy considering your location. I agree with Patonb - buying really cheap new parts ends up being a waste of cash.

If those are the only games your gonna play, you may as well just buy a prebuilt one for dirt cheap, like second hand or summit. Because really they ent highly demanding games to be honest

Sorry ive been gone for a while. Ok now that the reply box is half working. Here is a list for a decent gaming computer for pretty cheap.

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz Quad Core $104.99

Motherboard - ASUS M4N68T-M V2 AM3 Micro ATX $50.99

RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1066 $49.99

Videocard - EVGA GeForce GTS 450 1GB $114.99

Case - RAIDMAX Tornado ATX $39.99

PSU - LOGISYS Computer 575W $24.99

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB $41.99

Optical Drive - Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner $18.99

Total - $431.92

Is this a Decent Setup?

Can anyone make this cheaper without completely destroying its gaming abilities?

Well that is true, might as well get a decent PSU since they almost never need replacing.

Is the 6770 much different from the 5770?

Trying to keep this build under $500, is there anyway to switch the CPU/motherboard over to the intel side without losing speed? I've always been a intel fan!

Also, I don't know if you can see my sig or not, but will this computer beat my old one?

I can not see your sig.

There is practically no difference at all between the 5770 and 6770. I think the 6770 has OpenGL 4.1 and the 5770 has 3.2 (according to Newegg), that's the only difference I can think of.

Also, yeah, don't get a bad PSU. Bad things happen. Like your computer not working. >_>

And that's why I never plan on buying from Dell again. :p

Here's his sig:

OLD Gaming Rig:

NZXT Tempest
DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 (for now)
G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 800 4-4-4-12
PC Power & Cooling 610W
eVGA 8800GT
WD 250GB HDD

I'm not sure why it isn't showing.

Status