Need Amd And Gfx Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

nme923

Solid State Member
Hey im looking to buy an AMD, and a new gfx card. now i can either get a expensive AMD and a little less expensive or a the other way around. i was thinking of getting this http://www.newegg.com/product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819103558 it comes with a evga 7800 gtx 256 mb gfx card. and tahts all for about... 1k? the amd chip alone is 814. any suggestions on whether or not i should get a different amd. maybe less expensive? ive been hearing that the x2 4200 and so on have been having problems with some games.

nme923 said:
been hearing that the x2 4200 and so on have been having problems with some games.

You probably got that from my threat. And i am pretty sure we found the problem (i aint been able to test it yet as my HD is been replaced but im pretty sure we found the problem).

The Fx57 is a great single core processor but i would suggest a dual core processor, the Fx-57 may dominate most games ATM but over the next year we will see alot more games supporting dual core CPUs, and a dual core CPU will also be more future proof. I would suggest the X2 3800+ or the X2 4400+ but i am sure other people will sugest you get an opteron. But that is your choice.

GuitarFreak1857 said:
i hear the 4400 will get better overclocks then a new opty since there in such late weeks.

That sounds like factless speculation to me. No offence to you though, guitarfreak.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom