Need advice from the verterans...no newbies!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can do that with an xfx card, then please pm me on how to do that...

he can't.

Ya go with the 9600 gt if you plan on sli... but if you don't you can find some 8800 gts g92's pretty cheap.. maybe look in the buy/sell section to see if anyone has low prices (someone was selling for $160 a bit ago).

well I did say "eVGA Stepup Program" so I thought it was implied for him to get an eVGA ;)

I like this cooler:

Zalman GV1000
Zalman RHS88 Memory Heatsink for NVIDIA 8800 Ultra, GTX, GTS

But man, thats breaking the bank right there.

if all your worried about is temps:
EVGA | Products

but id get the gts

Dude.....thats perfect!!! Looks easy to install and ill have an evga akimbo with black pcb....lol i think i might just buy this!!

Edit: i think i may spring for the akimbo kit, so i can keep my black color scheme but get some better cooling.....thanks guys.

I would recommend to just save your money up until you really need to upgrade... Honestly I don't see the point in getting a worse chip then sli'ing it.

But if that 256mb is killing you that bad on games like cod4 (and others) then go ahead and get a gts (g92)

I would recommend to just save your money up until you really need to upgrade... Honestly I don't see the point in getting a worse chip then sli'ing it.

But if that 256mb is killing you that bad on games like cod4 (and others) then go ahead and get a gts (g92)

Because the 9600gt's in sli are monster, and out perform both gtx's and ultra's. No its not as bad as im making it sound, my main concern is temps so i guess im just gonna get the cooler for now and upgrade later if i need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom