Need advice on next project, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennyocide

Beta member
I need help! My husband loves customizing computers. He's happy with his at the moment so naturally, he's moved onto mine...constantly adding on, scrapping/selling-off, rebuilding, etc. and I totally appreciate it because my computer is insane but I need to get him a new project so I don't have to restore my settings every week :eek:)

I'm thinking christmas present. Maybe an old mac that he can start messing with or network hardware? water cooling? Maybe he can do more with his computer? I really don't know where to start...so, I wanted to get your advice on what you move onto once your system is in perfect shape (if there is such a thing).

Thank you soo much!

This is what his looks like now: LianLee 8, evga 4way SLI classified, i7 CPU - overclocked at 3.2Ghz, 12G dominator RAM, Corsair H50 cooler, 3 GTX275 cards, two monitors, all the little peripherals you could ever imagine...he mainly uses it for gaming.

Lol, you sound very lucky to me :p Watercooling his i7 would probably be a nice project for him, he could probably get it far past 4GHz - make sure he does it properly, though, not just buying a cheap all-in-one cooling system. If he is interested, we have quite an in-depth guide by our very own aspire which should be a great deal of help http://www.techist.com/forums/f115/water-cooling-101-depth-guide-taking-plunge-203866/
Or perhaps he could design and build his own case, or mod his current one into oblivion?

His computer is as high end as they come.

Try getting him into a different hobby. Buy him a guitar with guitar lessons.

cool, thank you guys...sounds like water cooling is the way to go.
And alias, did that 3 years ago...he sold the guitar and amp for computer parts this summer :madd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom