need advice on gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked and YUP the bios is way different.

When you setup the 2 cards... Was the 460 set as the main screen?

Yes it was

Initially I did not even install the second until the everything else was assembled and had all my programs installed, and updates.

Then I installed the second card loaded drivers and pointed the 2nd card to my TV. It worked great until I restarted. Then I got a blank screen right after loading windows 7 logo.

So I rebooted in safe mode disabled the 2nd card and it booted fine.

Now even when I enable this card windows 7 locks up

Try whipping the drivers with like drivesweeper, and do it again.

Hmmmmm. I wonder if the resolutions are borked up.

Also try not using the nvidia drivers, just the supdates for the 7 card.

Try whipping the drivers with like drivesweeper, and do it again.

Hmmmmm. I wonder if the resolutions are borked up.

Also try not using the nvidia drivers, just the supdates for the 7 card.

Thanks for the advice I will give it a try

Finally the problem is solved

Finally a solution

Ok so finally this is issue is solved.

What I was doing was enabling second card so I could watch my tv shows, then before shutting down disabling it so that on restart I would get to my desktop.

I ordered this

!C!O6nbQ!mk~$(KGrHqUOKjsEzJhDOSssBNCJpfCdvg~~0_12.JPG

That was it now it works perfect

I took out the second card, and now have no issues. I am lovin it

Thank you all for the advice.

In case anyone with the same problem is looking for a solution. this is it.

Here is the link to make the purchase if you want

WOWparts.com-Computer parts, Laptop parts, MP3 parts, iPod parts, Digital Camera parts, Cellphone parts, PDA parts

:grin::):suprised::grin:

Yha that'll work for sure.

I'm wondering if its a 7 series issue. I've run an 8 series card and not had issues...

Sorry you had issues and had to buy more stuff.. But you did end up now with the possility of sound as well.

btw newegg has those too.

A few things to add

Well I had to share some things that happened since I got my video issue under control.

I purchased a cool master cooler to replace the stock cooler that came with my I5 sandy bridge processor. I also have the P8P67 Board

This cooler required me to disassemble everything to install.

I did not mind because I purchased a raidmax case and it was missing one screw for the motherboard support. I had previously purchased some case screw kits so I figured when I changed the cooler I could add the missing screw.

Now after all was re assembled I went to start and I got nothing. I said ok let me double check everything.

I checked, double checked and still nothing.

This drove me crazy, because I knew all the parts were fine, so I said ok, let me reset the bios.

When I did now I got lights fans, but no video. Once again that was it.

I said ok lets start with the bare minimum, still nothing.

Different video card, nothing

Finally i put back the same cooler. Still nothing. Lights and fans but no video.

Finally my wife said to take out the bios battery. When I did this finally I got video.

The only problem was now when I went into bios, my mouse and jeyboard wouldn't work.

So I did some research and turns out there are alot of people having the same issue.

My Bios version was 0402 and it was recommending to upgrade to 1253 which I believe was the most current.

Only problem was I can't flash via Bios utility because my keybnoard and mouse weren't working, Plus there is an issue where the Asus Suite software won't install on windows 7 even with the patch.

So I kept on reading and researching and found a site with instructions on how to create a usb bootdisk for windows 7.

Finally got Bios updated, but turns out keyboard and mouse will not work.

Turned out it was my USB gamepad was causing a conflict, once I unplugged mouse and keyboard were fine. ( I was getting tired of hitting f8 to get to a boot screen to tell the comp which HD to boot from.

Now I have also read about Intel stopping the sale of these boards because of a failing sata, but It seems now everything is running fine.

However I wonder if there is a recall should I just RMA this board.

Anyway just wanted to share with everyone.

Hope the info helps

Bet you wish you'd left it be eh??

I wouldn't worry anout it too much... To not get the issue you can simply plug the drives into the 6Gig port i nstead of the slower 3Gig.

I wouldn't rma it until its a set thing or you get issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom