Need advice on first gaming computer, never built my own, around $2,000 budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol ovisouly it does, it even shows in the picture, and unlike the samsung monitors, viewsonic GIVES you a free dvi plug. trust go with viewsonic.

hey we got the same number of posts ahah.

Will the 17" be much of a increase in gaming over the 19", its not striclty a gaming computer, and like i said i will use it for photoshop, and multitasking on the web and playing poker with multiple windows. The 17" you chose is about the same price as the 19" i was going to get and its 8ms, which i heard shouldn't have a problem with ghosting.

Also ive heard that the OCZ Gold Edition isn't compatible with the DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D. Can anyone verify this?

yes it will be much of a increase unless you are rich and can afford a new top of the line graphics card every time a new ones out. cuz if you play games at 1024x1280, 19" looks horrible.

Are you kidding me? Most gamers have 19" monitors. God, where are you getting this crap. Besides, he'll be playing on 1280x1024, and he has a 7800GT so there...

yea.. thas why i said if he has the top of the line card then get it, which he is going to get (7800GT) BUT he'll have to keep up with the newest cards in the future too to play the future games. just letting him know.

I have a 6600GT and I run at 1280x1024. You don't need the highest one. I also have a 17" LCD and 1024x786 looks just fine on it. Response time slows down, but its still very playable.

Well i think im pretty much done to buy all the parts for my build. With everything i need except for a case i am at $1,871 using newegg and zip zoom. I have room to buy a nice case, and a couple nice fans.

Im going with the 19" Samsung 940b monitor, and the ocz gold ddr500. Oh and ive also dropped down to a Opteron 165, to put money elsewhere.

What is your guys opinion on the best case for $150ish down?

i don't know about 150 down, but if its 100 down it would have to be the cooler master centurion 5. its a good case IMO.

samsung 940b? u sure? i really suggest the viewsonic, but its your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom