Need advice on choosing a gaming monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recommended this to someone else (gonna sound like a **** dell rep soon, lol)

Dell UltraSharp? U2410 Monitor with PremierColor technology

Thing about the Dell Ultrasharp monitors is they are much better than your average monitor, they use either IPS or VA panels which are much better than the TN panels in all the other monitors you have been looking at. Although this doesnt include the sp2309w.

Considering this is in you budget i would think about it, but if you dont mind having a bit of a cheaper panel then maybe go something like the others have said. But with even a single 5870, you wouldnt want to go less than 1920x1200 i think - would be a waste.

So what is the max resolution for the SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER P2570? I really had my hopes up for the SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER P2570 because it..welll...looks amazing!
But if it wont get the most out of the 5970 then I guess Ill have to drop it. So now its the dells: Dell UltraSharp? U2410 Monitor with PremierColor technology VS Dell SP2309W, 23" Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with Webcam . Wouldn't the sp2309w be better then the U2410 because the resolution is: Optimal Resolution Higher than Full HD 2048 x 1152 at 60 Hz and the U2410 is: Optimal Resolution 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz?

Also the sp2309w is $309 and the U2410 is $529 and if I get the sp2309w then I have $220 and with that I can buy a set of decent BOSE speakers...

The 2048x1152 res in not a standard one, and its also 16:9 rather than 16:10 so you might have a few issues with gaming resolutions, although probably only on older games. The U2410 is going to be a much better screen to look at, but yeh its up to you because it is quite expensive really.

how about this one
Samsung T260HD 26'' LCD TV - T260HD

26"

looks nice aesthetically

$319.99 shipped

also take 10% off when you use the amazon payphrase thing

when shopping for a gaming monitor

you don't need the most accurate colour production unless you are doing professional photo-work

that's not to say the colors will look bad or faded
most people won't even notice any difference unless you have a TN and a MVA or IPS panel side by side

save some money and take your date/wife out on a nice dinner :silly:

Wow, that is a nice screen. 26" will be a huge improvement to my super old 18"! This is perfect for everything I will be doing. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom