need advice on buying a gamming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaibatsu0372

Beta member
Yes i was wondering if anyone could direct me in the right direction. I need a gaming laptop that will play games such as ES4 oblivion, Guild wars, spore and so forth so if you could give me some advice on this i would appreciate it.

Budget?

Dell's E1705 can be customized as a gaming laptop. High-end features would cost around $1850, while minimalist customization would come to around $1500. Both include a GeForce Go 7900GS.

Alienware make s a sli notebook now, first ever to run 2 gpus. They will cost you an arm and a leg but if youw ant to be able to game on a lap top that's how it's gotta be.
www.alienware.com

i wouldn't recommend getting a gaming laptop though.

Or if you want something less expensive this is very good, just upgrade the ram to 2gb when you cna (another 1gb stick costs ~$110)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834227014

Make sure whatever you buy that you get a good dual core processor, 2gb of ram, and above all a good dedicated gpu. The grafix card is going to the be biggest performance affecting feature in your notebook so you've got to get a good one.
Sony and ABS can make really nice gaming laptops for substantiall less money than places like Alienware. I don't really like Dell unless you're going for the really high end stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom