Need advice on building new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

renegade1985

Beta member
I have selected a list of hardware and was wondering if there is anything i'm missing. Also, my mate told me to wait for the new chipsets coming out in january and to wait til direct x 11 comes out to get a graphic card.

I want this computer to keep me going for a good 10 years and i'll be mainly doing web programming and java, but I also want to be able to play the latest games. (I know i'll prob be adding and changing hardware during those 10 years :p )

It'll be running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Here's the list of hardware so far:

Motherboard: Intel DX58SO X58 Socket-1366 or Intel DP55WB LGA-1156 DDR3 (Not sure which - would rather cheaper one but not sure if it'll work with other components)
Processor: Intel Core i7 Quad Processor i7-920 (2.66GHz one)
Processor cooler: Nexus XiR-3500 Real Silent CPU cooler
RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 6GB CL8
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB
Graphic Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB GDDR5
DVD: Sony DVD+-RW Burner DRU-875S
Tower: Cooler Master HAF 932 Big Tower Black
Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W PSU

I'm going to leave getting any monitors or keyboards etc until I have all the parts and i'm ready to put them together (will be buying hardware over period between now and summer)

I appreciate any advice :sweat:

Regarding the mobos the second one isn't compatible with that cpu, the i7 920 uses the 1366 socket.
The rest seems good to me.

Ok, thanks for pointing that out

It recommended using that i7 processor with that mobo in PC Live this month :confused: They might have meant to point to the first mobo?

@Nubbleet - What would the main difference be between ASUS EVGA and Intel mobo's? How would this one compare with the Intel X58?
Komplett.ie - ASUS P6T, X58, Socket-1366

@bkolk - might wait until my birthday and try get enough together to get all the parts at once. I would probably be tempted to chop and change what i've selected already if I did it over a period of time yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom