Need advice for building a gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they are idiots, Vista is a very good OS, and Server 08 is tweaked to fix flaws in Vista

yes vista SP1 is good. i have ultimate and it's great. can be a resource hog tho. right now it's using about 1gb ram and i have wmp11 open and firefox

Well it is at first, but it gets smarter about the programs you use and then optimizes it to use less RAM...

but not used RAM is wasted RAM

My only concerns right now are being able to play Counter Strike and Wrath of the Lich King. It also needs to be affordable.

All this stuff IS compatible with the motherboard, right? I'm not sure how to check.

to play wow, you could pretty much use anything, it depends on how high you want to have the settings, if you look at a topic posted by me "medium/high end gaming rig" look at page 3, the final spec im going with, that should give you a good idea of a high end computer at £801.01 ? is that too expensive

As long as you have at least 2gb of ram Vista runs great. In my experience it is more stable than XP. Only problems I have with it is there are some things like older or very low supported home brew type stuff that doesn't work without messing with things. Like I can't run a game from 1998 on it since it no longer is supported. But most people won't have that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom