Need advice for a budget builder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JorgeHGPR

Baseband Member
Hello guys, I have been doing some big research and have been looking for a build for around $600-$650. I don't need anything from the other world, I just want to have a decent budget computer overall.

I want a computer that lasts for 2 years or even more. Im not too crazy over this, as I have a Intel Pentium 4 and it works fine. I want to get more into gaming but I don't need games to run at max settings, I just want games like Far Cry 2 and maybe GTA IV run smooth even on medium graphics.

Something I am also looking is I want to run old games great. I wouldn't like to overkill and not be able to run those old games (Nascar Racing 2003 for example). Well, don't know about overkilling, but just want to run them perfectly without issues.

Also, I really want a silent computer and a computer that doesn't consume too much energy. Like, I can have it turned on for a long time and it won't consume much. My computer has 300W of Power Supply. As I mentioned before, I want a computer that doesn't get hot. That way it will last longer :p.

You know it, I want a perfect budget computer. Quality, good performance at a good price.

I don't think I need a Quad-Core. I saw the AMD Phenom II X2 545 Callisto 3.0GHz and I think that works for me but I don't know that's up to you. I alredy have the keyboard, mouse and operating sistem.

I am a gamer, but am not too crazy and don't care if the game doesn't look insane or whatever. I just wanna get home, turn the computer on, put the game and have some enjoyable fun. :) You know if a game doesn't work on my computer the way I want it im sure there are hundreds of games out there that I can play so if I can't play GTA IV i'll just look into more games. I also like racing games alot.

Will apreciate the help.

Thanks guys!

No problem. If you do decide to go with a 4850 and smaller PSU make sure its a good power supply. Brands like Corsair, pc power and cooling, or antec are always good names. Last thing you want to do is skimp on that.

Thanks and yea I think im going with a ATI Radeon 4850 from XFX 512MB. I saw this power supply - OCZ ModXStream 500W. Is that good?

Yeah should be good, but it only has a 500w peak output. So you should be fine, unless you plan on Xfire 4870's or anything higher then a 4850. But that's a steal at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom