Need advice on $500 tower/building for friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
Hello everyone! So I have been talking to some people at work and one of my friends is wanting me to build him a tower... he has a mouse and keyboard but the main thing is that he wants to hook his computer up to his TV (resolution is 1366x768). I think it is a 32 inch but it could be a 37 inch... I tried talking him into a PC monitor but he is all about hooking it up to his TV.

He wants an inexpensive computer to just surf the net and do random word stuff on but his big goal is to hook it up to his tv... Does anyone have any ideas as to what would be a good setup for this? I am thinking AMD cpu would be the best route but I am not sure on the remaining parts... He said he would be willing to spend $500 but maybe a little bit more if needed... he has also asked about getting a Blue-Ray player for it... so a Blue-Ray optical drive... thanks in advance for the help!

CPU: AMD or Intel
Case:
MB:
RAM:
PSU:
HDD:
Video Card:
Optical drive: Blue-ray cheap...

Thanks for the build trotter... Yes he has an HDMI cable and it is a 37 inch tv...

Ok everything looks good but won't he need to have a Heatsink for the cpu? The CPU suggested comes as OEM so there is no heatsink... What would be a good AMD cpu cooler that would fit on that motherboard?

you said $500 was the budget, and with a buget like that you put as much money as possible towards things that process information... a heat sink is not one of those things...

I will send him that link for the HDD...

@Sean... Let me restate my comment. He needs a Heatsink that is similar to stock because the OEM does not come with a Heatsink :D

@Muffin... I talked to him and he said he would spend like $20-$25 more for the Heatsink...

Thanks for the adivce guys :D

Thanks muffin... He isn't planning on doing any overclocking so that should be a good heatsink to go with for stock speeds... is there anything for maybe $10-$15 more that also includes a fan like the one you posted and would be a little better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom