need 2GB ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the problem about the 4 sticks is that with my xp120 cooler i cant physically fit the 4th stick in. Plus it only runnning at 333 is a big drop from the 520ish its running at now. I think ill be looking at the 7800gtx first then seeing if i need the extra gig of memory and might splash out for 2 1gig sticks.

thanks for help

LOL, yeah I had the SAME EXACT problem with my Abit AV8 board and my xp120.

But yeah, video card first, hold of on those sticks. And Truthfully.... I'd wait for christmas to get either, and hit the huge sales (or day after thanksgiving ;)).

On my LAN machine which is a 2600+ Athlon XP running at 2.3ghz effectively i have 2 gig of DC ram running at 400mhz. How you ask? What i did was bought the same batch of Corsair Valueselect from FRYs. I have 2gig on my main rig now which is DC ram (same as ^^) and what i did was i had 2x512 and a 1gig stick left over. So i stuck the 2x512 which was the same and stuck it in the DC slots (blue) and the 1gig stick in the black slot on the left. The thing w/ DC is that the serial #s have to be the same cept like the last # or last 2 to run in DC meaning they are a "matched" pair. Sense i bought the DC kits from FRYs at the same time (they came in at the same time to cause i had to wait for a shipment) then they where "matched" so i can run 2gig in dual channel w/ a 1gig stick and 2 512 sticks. Sorry if thats extremely confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom