Native Mode--Enable or Disable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are you playing with your BIOS? Usually the default is perfectly fine to load and use windows.

You should also say what mobo you have, so we don't have to dig back through your threads.

I went through the BIOS on my last computer, and you'd be surprised how much stuff was enabled that I would never use. You can definitely speed up the boot process and, I'm assuming, free up resources during normal operation.

It's a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9. So far, so good, it posted on the first try. The only problem is that the Silent Pipe (a really cool-looking heatsink gizmo for the North Bridge) doesn't fit if you're using the recommended extra power connections for 2+ graphics card setups... one of the cable receptacles is built RIGHT UNDER where it goes! Major, major design flaw that you'd think would have been noticed... who buys a motherboard this nice then only runs one card???

I would give Native a try. Just make sure you've set the mode to AHCI before you install windows. Once you have AHCI set and windows installed you should be able to try the system with Native mode enabled or disabled.

AHCI on the other hand needs to be set 1st. If you set the system to IDE you can change it to AHCI later, sometimes, but it's a major pain.

Yeah, I was planning on doing AHCI, but I had no idea Native Mode was related... I just looked in my motherboard manual, and it does mention Native Mode under AHCI. Thanks, I totally missed the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom