my x1950xt arrived from newegg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love Sapphire / ATI products. With the box packaging the same thing happened to me, I guess it's just the way they like to ship their products.

Learn your lesson like I did... go green next time.

I don't like the sound of this... what does "go green" mean? Someone up top said that too.

Did you get your rebate?

I don't like the sound of this... what does "go green" mean? Someone up top said that too.

Did you get your rebate?

Go green means start buying nvidia's products (ATI's competitor). And no, the rebate doesnt come back until a couple weeks after it ends I believe. I forgot the details... but yeah. BTW, I hope you get a better card than me ... mine is considerably flawed and hotter/louder than the average x1950xt. I wish you good luck though.

Go green means start buying nvidia's products (ATI's competitor). And no, the rebate doesnt come back until a couple weeks after it ends I believe. I forgot the details... but yeah. BTW, I hope you get a better card than me ... mine is considerably flawed and hotter/louder than the average x1950xt. I wish you good luck though.

If you didn't have the S/N on the box, what did you turn in then? Just the UPC?

I think the Seriall Number was on that big UPC symbol. It sucks though cause I wanted to return the card to newegg.... but I had to send in the UPC which caused newegg not to accept the return .... *sigh*. Sapphire/ ATI screws me over yet again.

I think the Seriall Number was on that big UPC symbol. It sucks though cause I wanted to return the card to newegg.... but I had to send in the UPC which caused newegg not to accept the return .... *sigh*. Sapphire/ ATI screws me over yet again.

Will they accept a return if you cut up the box but still have the UPC?
This is horrible... sapphire stinks.... worst experience of my life.

I just peeled the green sticker off the video card that has the S/N on it and I'm gonna send that in. I made photocopies so I should be good...

I'm not sure, keep me updated if they do cause I may be able to squeeze out a return if there is some leeway. If you get a return, I do seriously suggest going nvidia -- and for the amount you spend I'd suggest getting an 8600gts or an 8800gts if you can afford it. I'm sure everyone here will recommend the 7900gs as well, but I would take an 8600gts over it anyday.

I hope you don't either, but if you experience any problems -- don't even hesistate. Return the thing ASAP, then "go green" :).

hmm..... i was planning on getting that x1950xt..... it seemed like such a nice buy plus i get hl2 and some major folding done :)

hmm..... i was planning on getting that x1950xt..... it seemed like such a nice buy plus i get hl2 and some major folding done :)

Man if you don't have hl2 by now then I don't know what to say. Honestly, I couldn't strongly enough recommend not getting that card. Generally it seems like you will be required to buy a cheap cooling solution, or even more likely a 30 dollar fan upgrade. This pushes you to about the 200 dollar range, why even bother with the card at that point. Spend the extra 50 and get an 8800gts, or just wait longer for another card to capture that particular price point. This card was the worst decision I ever made concerning a personal build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom