This is my ultimate computer (about $3500). - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
j12
Monster Techie

core 2 duo all the way!

Laptop:
MacBook 2.2GHz Santa Rosa | 120GB HDD | 4GB ram
Desktop:
Intel C2D E6300 @ 3.2GHz | 4GB ram | 880GB total HDD space | Gigabyte P965-DS3 | eVGA 8800GTS 640mb | Corsair HX 520 | Audigy 2 ZS platnium | Antec 900
Old 08-20-2006, 01:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Techie

A stock Conroe can beat a Fx-62. And Conroes have been getting to 3.6ghz on stock coolers. Its a much better cpu.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by SNiPeRViRuS
Dude. How can it be ultimate? Theres no Conroe...... Change it, your wasting money on that FX.
yeah i was kinda wondering....
Old 08-21-2006, 12:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie

WHy dont u guys STOP telling him to get a conroe?. HE wants to get the FX-62. let the dude spend HIS money.who gives a **** which one is cheaper.Maybe he does NOT want to overclock. anyhow yes dude the build looks good to me...btw nice home theatre setup.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Geek Squad

I agree wih Deaduar3, people on these forums are extremely helpful, but sometimes they forget to respect other people's wishes.

"Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power." ~Sun Tzu

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." ~Confucious

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” ~ Samuel Jackson

“Omnis vir est fortunae faber”
Old 08-21-2006, 02:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to gurusan

Quote:
Originally posted by deaduar3
WHy dont u guys STOP telling him to get a conroe?. HE wants to get the FX-62. let the dude spend HIS money.who gives a **** which one is cheaper.Maybe he does NOT want to overclock. anyhow yes dude the build looks good to me...btw nice home theatre setup.

....he asked our opinion....and we gave it. The FX-62 is a TERRIBLE cpu in terms of price/performance.

And what does overclocking have to do with anything.
|| 37" LCD TV || CM Hyper 212+ || Samsung 2.1 Soundbar ||
Old 08-21-2006, 02:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Master Techie

lol..

if he said he hates intel and no way he'll get a conroe then we woulda respected his wishes.. but thats not what he said.. he gave a reason..

Quote:
I have decided after going back and forth between AMD and Intel that AMD is the way for me because I would like to be able to have K8L. That is the reason I chose AMD AM2 over Intel Core 2 Duo.
his reasoning wasn't all convincing so we tried to reason with him..

even if you don't consider price/performance, and JUST performance, the e6600 wins with no overclocking. so its not price/performance, its price AND performance.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
EHHH No one is FORCING HIM we are giving thoughts and opinions to his idea... chill out
Old 08-21-2006, 07:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Obviously you are missing the point of this thread then, he came here to ask opinions of how ultimate his soon-to-come rig is, and how can he make it even more ultimate, And so, everyone pretty clearly stated that its not ultimated untill you stick an Intel Conroe in there

BTW With his budget, i'd say go X6800!

hah

-Jo.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Ok guys, after getting thoughts from people on 3 different forums, I am more inclined to go Intel Core 2 Duo. There is only one problem. There is no motherboard that supports SLI and has a Nforce 590 chipset that is out right now. So here is what I am going to do. First off I would like to thank everybody for their opinion, I do appreciate it. I have seen that Asus posted their board on their website but has not released it yet. I will see in the next 2 weeks if ASUS or DFI releases a Nforce 590 SLI Intel Edition motherboard. If they don't, I can probably wait a couple more weeks. So yes in conclusion you have all swayed my mind to go Core 2 Duo. And if K8L is better, than I will just get a new mobo and CPU maybe when it comes out. Thank you everyone for your opinions. I will still post in this thread later to make sure that the Intel parts won't have problems with the ram (I know they are compatible but maybe they have issues like I have read) and other things as well. THANKS AGAIN!

Closed Thread