Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One of the 1gb Crucial Ballistics Memory Sticks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylez116

Beta member
Hey guys, I have a custom build, water cooling case that contains the Intel p35-DS3r mother board with 4 gigs of DDR2 1066mb crucial ballistics ram, PC power and cooling single rail 750w power supply, Intel e6750 Duo Core CPU, and a 8800 gtx 768mb overclocked graphics card. Just recently my computer has started to act funny because while it is on and running fine, I get absolutly no picture from my monitor. When I turn the monitor on it just shows the sign saying that the monitor needs to be connected when it already is and the computer is turned on and running fine. I already checked and tightened the wiring so its not that. I also bought new when I push the button to turn on the computer it turns on fine then cuts off after 3 seconds while making a quick, high pitched, whiny noise. Then it turns back on by its self. Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be the problem and what I could do to fix it? I am a full time student and unemployed so I have no money and was hoping I could fix the problem myself. Any suggestions? Thanks guys

uhmmm not much help : but i think it's the video card...-no picture, whining noise, and then shuts off...

that or something is over heating extremely fast, something isn't grounded right, something not plugged in right, something touching.....just check that kinda stuff

doesnt sound like gpu is getting sufficient power if there is a large whinning noise, my guesse is your gpu is dying but not the core itself probably the circuitry that has to do with power that or your psu is dying, more likely gpu.

It is unlikely to be the ram, cause that would not cause the high ptich sound, neither would the cpu or the psu. If everything turns on then the psu should be fine (plus its an excellenct psu). It should not be the cpu either because the board would then display a message saying the cpu was faulty or something.

So i am 90% sure it is either your motherboard or gpu. Its difficult to tell which though... Is the high pitch noise something like a fan?? or is it more like a beep or tone given off by your motherboard??

Do you get any picture at all when you turn on the pc - like motherboard stuff??

If you have a spare computer or know anyone who will let you, test the videocard in it. If it works then you have a motherboard problem and probably wont be able to fix it yourself.

yes, i have a friend testing my graphics card now, but no there isnt any kind of display at all on the monitor even when i turn on the computer. If the graphics card works, then like you said, it has to be a motherboard issue. thanks for the advise though, i appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom