My rig coming this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
Okay I'm now going to start ordering parts for my computer and should have them all ordered this month. I already have a case so I don't need to worry about that. So far This is what I have planned.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ toledo CPU $497

eVGA 7800 GT video card $319 (planning on going SLI sometime in summer for UT2007)

DFI Lanparty nForce4 SLI-DR $170

I decided to get 2GB value ram and I know mushkin makes good RAM $148 ( I am willing to spend more if recommended)

Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 250GB SATA hard drive $104

Antec TruepowerII 550W power supply $89.99 (79.99 with cpu combo)

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card $121.99

some DVD burner (silver) around $40

estimated total before shipping: ~$1479.98

That is nice ram, but if you end up overclocking you wont be liking the latency and timings being so high.

Good looking parts, although if you're going to overclock, that ram won't do. You should consider OCZ if you're going to overclock.

what are your speakers

you need good speakers to see the real power of the xfi or else it wouldnt be much of a difference

and if your budget allows, you might want to get 74GB raptors ( or 150GB ones, coming soon ) because those HD's are really fast.

it looks good :) have fun and good luck

Yes I am planning on getting a nice headset does anybody know some good headsets. I have around a 100 dollar budget for the headset.

I know that value ram isn't the way to go for ocing but I decided that I won't be ocing for a while.

I would like the 150gig raptor but 300 bucks for a hdd is out of my budget, I am thinking about the 74GB and then adding another in the future and putting them in raid 0.

If you had 2 74gb raptors in raid 0, is that like 148gb total or is it just 74, the only reason that i ask this is because i thought that raid 0 mirrored the info on one disk to another so that it would split the data transfer's in half.

RAID0 is stripping. The data is split between the two drives. RAID1 is mirroring where the same data is stored on both hdds. So with two raptors in 0 you would see it as about 148gb.

I have two 120gb seagates barracudas in RAID0. Those are quite fast and at about the same price as a 74gb raptor with more than 3 times the space, its quite nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom